First be sure to check all the fuses. If OK, a common problem is a valve on the passenger side of the engine. If fuse is blow for A.I.R.pump, have had the pump fill with water. there is a service bulletin to replace an air intake hose and reroute it.
Have a good night , I really appreciate the help .. just bought the vehicle wanna get rid of the check engine light , Thanks again.
Good Luck, and come visit us again !
Thank you … i am sure i will see you again.
2006 GMC Sierra
I cut muffler off and welded a piece of pipe in its place will this cause any engine damage
It should not cause any actual damage, but will affect back pressure and performance, along with being loud!
How will it affect back pressure and performance.
Well, the engine is tuned for a specific amount of back pressure from the factory exhaust…when that changes, especially having none with no muffler, it will actually lose power.
Will it affect the gas mileage and how.
It probably will not have a positive or negative impact on gas mileage.
So i’ll just loose power then right.
Yes, it may not even be noticeable, but there will be some loss.
Chevy Trailblazer Code P0410
I have a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. I keep getting the code P0410. I have replaced the check valve and the pump. Are there any suggestions on what to look at next.
You may want to look at the relay for the pump. Those have been known to go bad, corrode, and short out. Since you’ve replaced the pump and valve, that is really all that is left. Make sure there are no restrictions in the tubes as well.
Will do, thanks.
I just replaced the crank shaft and cam sensors on 2002 GMC Envoy i had a engine troubleshoot done because i had a engine light on now its saying condition valve timing off what do i do.
Do you have a trouble code stored?
Yes P1345 and P0014.
Yes, you need to replace the cam phaser actuator located on the right side of the engine, in the front, just under the valve cover area behind the power steering pump. That should solve your problem.
The car is shutting off when put on defrost and when cold the RPM’s are going up and down is that the cam phaser.
No, that is something different. You need a throttle body cleaning to take care of that problem. Our MODERATOR can post a link to the procedure if you’d like.
We sprayed throttle cleaner in but it did’nt resolve the issue.
You probably didn’t do a good enough job. It requires a severe cleaning, not just spraying some cleaner in it.
Ok sounds great thank you for your help can you provide the link.
Glad to help, and thank you! The MODERATOR should bring the link up shortly.
More Car Repair Questions:
- Hor Air Blowing From Vents With Air Conditioning On With the very, very hot temperatures the country has been experiencing lately, especially the Midwest, I thought I would...
- toyota 3sfe d4 petrol engine hardstart and backfiring problem 1. What could be the problem with my car, premio 1998 d4 petrol engine, I have to start for several tim...
- 2002 Pontiac Montana Cuts Off At Higher RPM's 2002 Pontiac Montana 3.4L OHV had oxygen sensor code but replaced it and cleared. Head gaskets were leaking as well so r...
- 2001 GMC Safari Coolant Leak and Rough Idle Hello. My son has a 2001 GMC Safari with a 4.3 engine. He complained of a "rough idle" along with a coolant leak. Not kn...
- My Dodge Is Knocking - Intrepid Transmission Problem - Neon Smokes Dodge Engine Knocking Live Chat: I need help on a 318 that started knocking, then I shut it. Off then pulled the pl...
- No Heat In My 2000 Chevrolet Malibu - Blower Not Working Hi. My heat stopped working in my 2000 Chevy Malibu. The heat was making a chortling-type sound and then stopped working...