1999 Buick Park Avenue Stalls In Park and Turning
I have a 1999 Buick Park Avenue that stalls while decelerating and the gauges go crazy also sitting in park stalls and when turning corners.
Seems like you might have a wiring problem that is acting up when the engine/drivetrain moves. An engine harness could be rubbing somewhere and making contact on decel or turns. Can you tell me if the check engine light comes on at all?
No the check engine light has not come at all. The only thing I’ve done so far is replace the fuel filter, checked the fuses and the spark plugs. My voltage seems a bit high also starting out its at 13.8 when this occurs it drops to 11.7
You might want to try tugging on all the harnesses while the engine is running to see if you can get it to act up. Also, check battery connections, ground wires, etc.
I’ll do that now.
With the voltage dropping when it acts up tells me that you’re losing a feed somewhere. You could even have a faulty computer. You can try banging on the computer lightly with your hand as well to see if it acts up then too.
The computer is behind the glove box right?
No. The computer is located inside the airbox assembly.
With what ive told you you don’t think it could be the EGR valve or idle air control valve or a mass air flow sensor?
From what you describe, the losing power, gauges going crazy, I doubt it is any of those things you mention. The most probable cause of a stalling issue is usually the mass airflow sensor. While that may be a contributing factor, if it is bad, it isn’t going to cause the voltage on the alternator to go low, or make the dash gauges fluctuate.
But wouldn’t the voltage go low if the car is trying to stall out on its own? Just tried hooking an OBD 2 into the data link and it does not work fuse is good.
Yes a bit, but without actually see a voltmeter reading while it’s actually happening, I can’t give you a definitive answer. Also, you might want to consider that if one of those sensors is going bad, it will definitely set a trouble code. You say the check engine light doesn’t come on or stay on, so I’d really concentrate on a wiring issue, or computer problem.
Thanks for the help!!!! a tip is in order for you good sir! I’ll have the computer checked and wiring harnesses then i will get back to you. Tip sent!!! Have a great night!!!
Thank you very much and good luck with the repairs.
More Car Repair Questions:
- High Beam Indicator On The Dash Of My GMC 2500 Why is the high beam light on in the dash of my 2004 GMC 2500 pick up when the truck is off and the high beam lever is off. ProTech: You're probably looking at a short in the h...
- 1995 Pontiac Bonneville Will Not Crank Over Live Chat: I have a Pontiac Bonneville that will not start. What year? What happens when you turn the key? Does it crank over at all? I'ts a 1995 and no it will not crank....
- 2001 Chevrolet Suburban ABS Activation My 2001 Chevrolet Suburban has the ABS brakes kick on when I come to a stop...most of the time. I have been told abs speed sensors or EBCM module. My ABS and brake lights don't wor...
- 2005 Mazda 3 Alarm Sounds By Itself At Night I own an 2005 Mazda 3. The other night the alarm sounded for no apparent reason. I have had the car for 4 months and this has not happened before. In speaking to the previous owner...
- 2006 Chevy Equinox Temp Gauge and Trailblazer Heater Core 2006 Chevrolet EQUINOX ... AFTER A COOLANT SYTEM FLUSH MY TEMP GAUGE SHOWS A COOLER TEMPSERATURE THAN USUAL..CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS COME ON...OTHER THAN THAT CAR RUNS FINE ? ANY ID...
- My Gas Gauge Reads Empty When It Is Full Of Fuel One thing I see and hear quite a bit of from customers is that they complain that their fuel gauge is inaccurate or acts very erratically. I've been dealing with these type of prob...