I have a 1999 Buick Park Avenue that stalls while decelerating and the gauges go crazy also sitting in park stalls and when turning corners.
Seems like you might have a wiring problem that is acting up when the engine/drivetrain moves. An engine harness could be rubbing somewhere and making contact on decel or turns. Can you tell me if the check engine light comes on at all?
No the check engine light has not come at all. The only thing I’ve done so far is replace the fuel filter, checked the fuses and the spark plugs. My voltage seems a bit high also starting out its at 13.8 when this occurs it drops to 11.7
You might want to try tugging on all the harnesses while the engine is running to see if you can get it to act up. Also, check battery connections, ground wires, etc.
I’ll do that now.
With the voltage dropping when it acts up tells me that you’re losing a feed somewhere. You could even have a faulty computer. You can try banging on the computer lightly with your hand as well to see if it acts up then too.
The computer is behind the glove box right?
No. The computer is located inside the airbox assembly.
With what ive told you you don’t think it could be the EGR valve or idle air control valve or a mass air flow sensor?
From what you describe, the losing power, gauges going crazy, I doubt it is any of those things you mention. The most probable cause of a stalling issue is usually the mass airflow sensor. While that may be a contributing factor, if it is bad, it isn’t going to cause the voltage on the alternator to go low, or make the dash gauges fluctuate.
But wouldn’t the voltage go low if the car is trying to stall out on its own? Just tried hooking an OBD 2 into the data link and it does not work fuse is good.
Yes a bit, but without actually see a voltmeter reading while it’s actually happening, I can’t give you a definitive answer. Also, you might want to consider that if one of those sensors is going bad, it will definitely set a trouble code. You say the check engine light doesn’t come on or stay on, so I’d really concentrate on a wiring issue, or computer problem.
Thanks for the help!!!! a tip is in order for you good sir! I’ll have the computer checked and wiring harnesses then i will get back to you. Tip sent!!! Have a great night!!!
Thank you very much and good luck with the repairs.
More Car Repair Questions:
- Saturday Was No Fun For This Auto Mechanic Alright, have you ever had one of those days where everything went wrong? Well, today was one of those days! First off, ...
- Should I Use Factory Repacement Parts in my Car? A lot of people are under the assumption that parts are parts, and getting the lowest price on a certain part for your v...
- 1999 Cadillac Escalade Bucks And Hard To Start I HAVE A 1999 Cadillac ESCALADE WITH A 5.7 VORTEC AND IT PULSES OR BUCKS AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS AND IT ALSO DOES NOT START VE...
- 1999 Silverado Security Light and Won't Start I have a Chevy Silverado 1999 turns over but no fuel and no spark changed fuel pump cam sensor Crankshaft sensor still n...
- 1995 Buick Regal Rough Idle I have a 1995 Buick Regal. All of a sudden it seems to load up on fuel rough idle, have put new fuel pump in and didn't ...
- Chevy Corvette Engine Overheating Problems Last week I got to work on a Chevrolet Corvette that had an overheating problem. This was no ordinary Corvette though, i...