2000 Chevy Camaro Engine Runs Rough
Hi, 2000 Chevy Camaro v6 3.8 motor. Used to stall when driving, replaced plugs wires, and a coil pack and runs good, but seems to stall out on turns, but not all of the time, code p0300 comes on and goes off. Not sure what it is, and also starts hard at times.
Have you checked fuel pressure?
Yes, its about 48 at start up and changed the fuel filter.
Ok, that is in the ballpark….what about the fuel pressure regulator? It could possibly have a leak, you can check it by removing the vacuum line to it and looking for fuel or the smell of gas.
That was the next thing i was going to check tomorrow, if its not that, any other causes? Where is that on this motor.
Well, if it happens mainly on turns, I’d really think it fuel related, unless you possibly have an ignition wire or electrical harness rubbing somewhere causing your misfires/stalling on turns when the engine or drivetrain moves. The fuel pressure regulator is located at the back of the fuel rail, on the drivers side. It’s pretty easily accessible.
If thats the case, i took off that hose, and gas was spitting out of it while running.
Then the diaphragm has ruptured and you would need to replace the regulator. Nothing should be coming out of it. I wouldn’t do it while the vehicle is running…get the car hot, turn it off, then remove the vacuum line to check for leaks. You don’t want to start a fire if it’s a bad leak and you have the engine running!
Correct, if it’s good, nothing should come out…but even if there is nothing, at least put your nose to the vacuum line…even the hint of gas smell, I would replace the regulator.
I will do that as it had gas coming out of the unit, not sure if was the hose.
Yes, gas would come out of the regulator if it is bad.
Great, thanks very much for your help.
No problem, glad to help! Have a nice evening.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2015 Hyundai Sonata Eco First Drive One of three available powertrain options for the all-new 2015 Hyundai Sonata midsize sedan, an almost perfunctory green-oriented trim level
- Location of Coolant Bypass on Chevrolet Impala 3800 Were is the bypass hose on a 3800 V6. ProTech: Are you referring to the coolant bypass hose? Yes The 3800 does not really have a bypass hose. It is a small plastic 90 deg...
- 2016 Cadillac ATS Coupe review notes ROAD TEST EDITOR JAKE LINGEMAN: I love the look of the ATS. It looks like what a child would draw if you told them pen a kickass, slab-sided coupe.
- 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Starts And Stalls I have a 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo with 3.4 Liter engine. I have had all kinds of starting issues.....First it would only start on the 2nd try for quite a while. I replaced the fu...
- 1996 GMC Sierra Air Compressor Clicking Why does my air conditioner compressor engage and click loudly when heater is on. ProTech: The A/C compressor will run when you have the heater on defrost to take the moisture ...
- No Oil Pressure To Rocker Arms On Chevy Monte Carlo 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo v6 3400. I replaced the cylinder heads everything is ok but oil doesn't seem to travel up threw the the push rods. ProTech: Are you checking this with th...