Hi, 2000 Chevy Camaro v6 3.8 motor. Used to stall when driving, replaced plugs wires, and a coil pack and runs good, but seems to stall out on turns, but not all of the time, code p0300 comes on and goes off. Not sure what it is, and also starts hard at times.
Have you checked fuel pressure?
Yes, its about 48 at start up and changed the fuel filter.
Ok, that is in the ballpark….what about the fuel pressure regulator? It could possibly have a leak, you can check it by removing the vacuum line to it and looking for fuel or the smell of gas.
That was the next thing i was going to check tomorrow, if its not that, any other causes? Where is that on this motor.
Well, if it happens mainly on turns, I’d really think it fuel related, unless you possibly have an ignition wire or electrical harness rubbing somewhere causing your misfires/stalling on turns when the engine or drivetrain moves. The fuel pressure regulator is located at the back of the fuel rail, on the drivers side. It’s pretty easily accessible.
If thats the case, i took off that hose, and gas was spitting out of it while running.
Then the diaphragm has ruptured and you would need to replace the regulator. Nothing should be coming out of it. I wouldn’t do it while the vehicle is running…get the car hot, turn it off, then remove the vacuum line to check for leaks. You don’t want to start a fire if it’s a bad leak and you have the engine running!
Correct, if it’s good, nothing should come out…but even if there is nothing, at least put your nose to the vacuum line…even the hint of gas smell, I would replace the regulator.
I will do that as it had gas coming out of the unit, not sure if was the hose.
Yes, gas would come out of the regulator if it is bad.
Great, thanks very much for your help.
No problem, glad to help! Have a nice evening.
More Car Repair Questions:
- Pontiac Brake Fluid Leak Repair And Diagnosis We bought a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with 81,000 miles on it less than a week ago. The brakes have gone out. At first ...
- Buick Lesabre Overheating And Hesitates 1997 Buick Lesabre Limited. I have had TONS of things replaced on this car, (approx $14,000.oo including purchase price ...
- 1997 Pontiac Grand Am Quad Driver And Oxygen Sensor Codes If I put my 1997 Pontiac grand Am shifts into gear too soon after starting it, it sets a check engine light and i get th...
- Check Engine Light Code P0300 On GM 2.2L and 2.4L We have been seeing quite a few problems with the GM 2.2L and 2.4L engines. Mostly on model years 2005 through 2009. Thi...
- 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Test Drive Video And Review The new 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 gets a test drive video and review from the experts at Motor Trend. This incredible car m...
- Can I Replace The Fuel Sender Without Removing The Tank? How do I replace the Fuel Gauge Sensor in a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix? ProTech: You have to remove the gas tank and fu...