Hi, 2000 Chevy Camaro v6 3.8 motor. Used to stall when driving, replaced plugs wires, and a coil pack and runs good, but seems to stall out on turns, but not all of the time, code p0300 comes on and goes off. Not sure what it is, and also starts hard at times.
Have you checked fuel pressure?
Yes, its about 48 at start up and changed the fuel filter.
Ok, that is in the ballpark….what about the fuel pressure regulator? It could possibly have a leak, you can check it by removing the vacuum line to it and looking for fuel or the smell of gas.
That was the next thing i was going to check tomorrow, if its not that, any other causes? Where is that on this motor.
Well, if it happens mainly on turns, I’d really think it fuel related, unless you possibly have an ignition wire or electrical harness rubbing somewhere causing your misfires/stalling on turns when the engine or drivetrain moves. The fuel pressure regulator is located at the back of the fuel rail, on the drivers side. It’s pretty easily accessible.
If thats the case, i took off that hose, and gas was spitting out of it while running.
Then the diaphragm has ruptured and you would need to replace the regulator. Nothing should be coming out of it. I wouldn’t do it while the vehicle is running…get the car hot, turn it off, then remove the vacuum line to check for leaks. You don’t want to start a fire if it’s a bad leak and you have the engine running!
Correct, if it’s good, nothing should come out…but even if there is nothing, at least put your nose to the vacuum line…even the hint of gas smell, I would replace the regulator.
I will do that as it had gas coming out of the unit, not sure if was the hose.
Yes, gas would come out of the regulator if it is bad.
Great, thanks very much for your help.
No problem, glad to help! Have a nice evening.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Test Drive Video And Review The new 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 gets a test drive video and review from the experts at Motor Trend. This incredible car m...
- 2001 Chevy Blazer 4WD Won't Disengage I have a 2001 Chevy blazer my 4 wheel drive wont disengage unless i put it in reverse and turn the wheel then back up. I...
- My Pontiac Has Intake Gaskets Leaking- Is It Safe To Drive? I took my 2001 Grand Prix 3800 V6 engine (130,000 miles) into the dealer for a bit overdue oil change. After doing the c...
- Chevy, Buick and GMC Fuel Gauge Problem How much does it cost to fix a gas gauge for a Buick Century 2001 model?? ProTech: Are we talking the gauge itself, ...
- 2005 Chevy Impala Drivers Door Won't Open I have a 2005 Impala four door. I have to pull down on the drivers door to open it. Can you tell me how to adjust it? I ...
- Check Engine Light P0102- Replaced MAF And Other Sensors To Whom It May Concern: I have replaced the following parts:In reference to the P0102 code 1) Plugs and Wires (AC Delc...