2003 GMC Yukon Dash Gauges Not Working- Recall
My 2003 Yukon XL (Suburban) with 5.3 motor and 70k miles has no power to any of dash gauges. The truck runs and operates fine, but the radio, heater controls and dash lights work fine. No gauge activity at all. All gauges are at the zero mark. I believe I have checked all fuses at left hand corner of dash, under dash and the under hood fuse box. I installed a new battery also. Any ideas to help fix this is appreciated.
Sounds like you got all the fuses checked correctly. May be that the cluster itself is bad. You would need a scanner to see if you can communicate with the dash to see if is functioning. Try tapping on top of the dash to see if you can get it to come back on. There is also a recall that may still apply to your truck. It covered several years of GMC and Chevy trucks. GM will replace the part at no cost to you.
Just call your local dealer and give them the VIN number of your vehicle and he can look up in the computer to see if the recall is still in effect. This normally is about a $400 repair, so getting this checked is well worth any trouble.
These are common. Had the same thing on my Chevy Tahoe. The dealer repaired it for free. Only took about an hour and a half.
I know this is an new reply to an old post, but for anyone looking for answers to their cluster dying this may be helpful.
This is a common problem and on the 2003 models GM has issued an extended warranty to cover this problem. It may cover other years, I not sure though. A Google search should provide some answers. The extended warranty was for a period of 7 years or 70,000 miles.
They will replace your gages if they die during this period. If you paid to have them replaced during this extended warranty, you may be eligible for a reimbursement. The dealer have the information about this warranty.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 1993 Buick Lesabre Stalls Then Starts Right Up I have a 1993 Buick Lesabre 3800 engine. It starts and runs great. But after driving 25 to 30 miles it will die, I put it in neutral and it starts right back up and goes an while l...
- 2016 Honda Civic sedan first drive appreciation of the marque, but it will surely inspire new fans. Honda has finally stepped into the turbocharger ring,
- 2005 GMC Envoy Check Engine Light Code P0410 Hi , i have a 2005 GMC Envoy with the code P0410 Straight six Cylinder with a check engine light. Mechanic_JK First be sure to check all the fuses. If OK, a common problem is a...
- Pontiac Brake Fluid Leak Repair And Diagnosis We bought a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with 81,000 miles on it less than a week ago. The brakes have gone out. At first we thought the brakes were just wet and that is why the car ...
- Vote: Guess this car review, episode 5 “Guess this car review,” but we're back for a special Independence Day version. Only one person guessed all the reviews correctly last time.
- 1996 Pontiac Grand Am Gauges Problem I have a 1996 Pontiac Grand Am, the car starts then dies. There is no power to the gauge cluster and the radio wont come on. I replaced ignition switch but did not help. Battery is...