2006 Chevrolet Impala Shifter Stuck In Park
This is a common problem. You have an issue with the shift interlock solenoid, most likely a broken wire. If you shut the car off, you may not be able to get the key completely out, so be aware of that.
Is this wiring something I can fix my self? I have done work on cars like brakes and things like that.
You can probably fix it yourself. The center console will need to be removed so you can access the solenoid connector/wiring.
Is that hard to remove? I have some tools.
The shift handle has to come off, which is held on by a small Torx screw. Then there are several fasteners that have to come out to remove it. Some are in the front of the console near the shifter and there are some down in the compartment. One electrical connector near the front has to be disconnected, then you can lift the entire console assembly upward and out.
I think the MODERATOR has a link to a picture of the wiring if you’d like.
You’d want to look for one or more broken wires at the connector at the base of the shifter on the right side. Usually it’s the black or white wire that breaks.
Yes, that would be great. I am going to try to get the console off soon.
Link to pictures of Impala shift solenoid broken wiring area.
Wonderful pictures. So I just need to lift the console up, not completely out of the car?
It is easier to completely remove it.
OK. Thank you SO MUCH !
Your very welcome.
More Car Repair Questions:
- Oldsmobile Silhouette Belt Pulley Replacement I have a 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette and the main drive pulley appears to have a sleeve on it (the grooved part of pulley) and it popped off how do I put it back on or does it need ...
- 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Stalls and Low Coolant Light 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP low coolant light. It has a new fuel pump, fuel filter, ignition module. The car shuts down at speed without warning. Twice in three days. The same th...
- How To Replace Buick Park Avenue Belts I have a 1996 Buick Park Avenue Ultra that needs both serpentine and super charger belts replaced my questions is, it appears that i have to remove the motor mount or bracket in or...
- How To Buy A Car Online Without Seeing It First This article is about the many pitfalls of buying a new or used vehicle without seeing it first. Many people out there are buying vehicles on auction websites, from online ads, and...
- 2004 Chevy Impala 3.4L Spark Plug Wire Routing I have a 2004 Chevy impala that i cant get my wires set right on.i really need some help with my spark plug wires.i removed them and i cant put them back on right...can you help me...
- 2006 Chevrolet Impala Shifter Stuck In Park Yes. I have a 2006 Chevy Impala and it is stuck in my garage. I cannot get the shifter to move form park to drive. It is running right now. ProTech: This is a common problem. Y...