Chevrolet Malibu Transmission Codes And Slipping Problems
I have code dtc p1887 how do I fix it thanks. 2003 Chevy Malibu 3.1L.
That code is for an problem inside the trans. The P1811 code is normally caused by a bad transmission pressure control solenoid. GM has released a technical service bulletin that outlines the cause of this problem and the fix. Or there could be a wiring problem at the transmission connector. It is the large round one on the drivers side.
Look for the large round connector on the transmission from under the hood. It is either on the very top center of it, or on the side, near the radiator fan. Give that a wiggle to see if that is the problem. The bulletin for the pressure control solenoid- a line pressur5e check would need to be done.
If the solenoid is bad, the engine/trans would need to be lowered from the car, the side cover taken off and the solenoid replaced.
Thank you so much for all your help on my car. I will look at those problem areas before I take it to a mechanic and spend a lot of money !
2005 Transmission Slipping
I have a 2005 Chevy Malibu v6, the transmission started slipping and not engaging from the start, we had the transmission rebuilt, however still an intermittent problem engaging. The Tech checked the codes and stated multiple codes registering – but no warning light.
Predominant code like p1106 int high plus voltage / low voltage , says it effecting the same circuit for the transmission that works the pressure away from the clutches> what would cause this and what suggestions for a possible solution.
Depending on the quality of the rebuild job on the transmission, you could have either created new problems or not fixed the ones it had before. If just the internals were replaced, you could be looking at a valve body problem or the electronics controlling it.
There is plenty of wiring and solenoids inside the transmission that can go bad and are not usually replaced during a rebuild. Also, you may have a problem with outside wiring, like the harness being crushed between the engine and transmission during reinstallation or even the internal harness being pinched by the valve body or side cover. I’d have the technician who did the work do some re-checking.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2005 Chevy Equinox Blower Motor Speed Problems 2005 Chevrolet Equinox, starts up but when I put it in gear, it is in overdrive. Turn it off then restart it, it works fine for a while, then does the same thing again at a stop si...
- New Chevrolet Car and Truck Reviews Read the review and test drive for the newest Chevy cars and trucks by the experts. Unbiased reviews with tons of great information. These articles are full of information if you are in the market to buy a new vehicle, or you just want to learn what is coming up in the automotive industry.
- 1999 Olds Alero Blower Motor and Security Light I have a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero. The blower motor does not work. I have replaced the blower motor with a delphi motor and the blower motor resistor 3 times. The blower worked one ti...
- Acura Integra Low Oil Pressure Warning Light On Live Chat: I HAVE A 1992 ACURA INTEGRA AND MY OIL LIGHT SEEMS TO BE FLASHING. I HAVE CHECKED MY PRESSURE, I HAVE REPLACED OIL SENDING UNIT, I HAVE LOOKED OVER EVERYTHING AND STILL ...
- How To Replace Pontiac Grand Prix Ignition Cylinder My 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix se ignition went out of it. The key has the chip in it. I cant lock my car anyhow. So wondered if i could replace that ignition with a regular ignition w...
- 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Engine Overheating Hello first time here, just looking for a little help or a lot, well here is my issues. I purchased a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix gt 171k. It had a blown headgasket, so did all repairs...