1997 Chevy S-10 Keeps Blowing Ignition Fuse
Have a 1997 Chevy s10 p/u that keeps blowing #10 fuse. Key in on position its OK, but as soon as turn key to start it blows fuse
Do you know what circuits are on the fuse?
Says its the fuse for the ignition #10 fuse
Do you have any aftermarket equipment on the truck? Like an alarm, or remote start, or anything else that is tied into that circuit?
Yes, that’s correct. If you can, try to disconnect modules one by one and see if the fuse will not blow. Disconnect the PCM, and then turn the key to start and see if it pops…keep doing that will other components on the circuit to see if you can find one that is faulty. If the fuse does not pop when a certain thing is disconnected, you know that part is bad or the wiring to it. This will require some wire tracing, and component removal.
I don’t know what or where all these things are. Like CKP sensor or IC module
Don’t know what or where these all are.
Well, the PCM is under the hood, on the left fender well. The ignition module is located on the coil bracket, right side of the engine. You can disconnect all the injectors by unplugging the big connector on top of the intake plenum. The crank sensor is located at the front of the engine, on the lower right portion of the timing cover. All of these are easily reachable.
Thank Sir !
2001 Chevy S-10
I have a 2001 s-10 4.3liter 4wheel drive need starter electrical diagram to chase down why it wants to start while running.
Do not have a diagram to post in this chat. Are you saying that the starter engages while the truck is running? All the time or sometimes.
When it feels like it.
OK. Then you either have a shorted stater solenoid wire- the purple wire, or a bad ignition switch. you can try tapping on the bottom steering column, right under the ignition key to see is that causes anything. Aside from that, trace the purple wire from the started up the the motor while pulling on the harness to try to find the shorted wire.
Looking for location of part that goes from small wires to large wires.
What part are you talking about? The purple wire does not go from large to small.
The wires that come from ignition and clutch won handle 20 amps they go from low amps to high amps where.
The system is not that simple. From ignition switch they go to a relay, the park/neutral switch then to purple starter wire. The large red wire on the starter comes straight from the battery.
Thank you auto mechanic.
1995 Chevy S10 5 speed
My clutch started squealing when it was engaged, now its as if i didn’t even have a clutch but still has pedal pressure. where do i start?
The clutch is probably worn out and needs replaced. The throw out bearing is most likely the squealing noise your heard, and that should be replaced as well when do you a clutch job.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2004 Chevy Impala Engine Misfire Code P0302 I was getting a P0302 indicator code for # 2 spark plug. I changed the wire and it went out,however when I got up to 35 mph the check engine light would flash until I got below 35 ...
- 2000 Pontiac Grand Am Won't Start After Intake Gaskets Replaced I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM GT 3.4L. I just replaced intake gaskets and lifters soaked lifters in oil for 24 hrs car set for a week with battery unhooked put all back together c...
- 2004 Chevy Impala 3.4L Spark Plug Wire Routing I have a 2004 Chevy impala that i cant get my wires set right on.i really need some help with my spark plug wires.i removed them and i cant put them back on right...can you help me...
- 2001 Chevrolet Impala Has No Brake Lights 2001 Chevy Impala rear brake lights are not working. I do have the 3rd brake lights. All of the bulbs are good. I bypassed stop light switch and have replaced turn signal switch....
- Chevy Blazer Heater, Gauges and 4WD Drive Problems Chevy Blazer. My heat won’t work but nothing’s leaking can u please help me. With the heat not working, I'll have to assume you mean it just blows cold instead of not blowing at...
- Dodge Van Engine Goes To Hot Mark On Gauge Engine gets hot. Gauge goes to the hot line. Radiator and top hose not getting hot, but top hose feels under pressure and no thermostat. Mechanic JK: What make model and year v...