2006 Chevrolet EQUINOX … AFTER A COOLANT SYTEM FLUSH MY TEMP GAUGE SHOWS A COOLER TEMPSERATURE THAN USUAL..CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS COME ON…OTHER THAN THAT CAR RUNS FINE ? ANY IDEAS ON WHAT IS CAUSING THIS.
You probably need a thermostat now. After the flush, debris has gotten clogged in the thermostat and it is stuck open…that will set a code as well.
OK THAT SOUNDS PRETTY SIMPLE IS THIS A COMMOM PROBLEM.?? BECAUSE CAR HAS ONLY 3500O MILES.
Yes it is very common.
THANKS FOR YOU HELP!
When I first start my Trailblazer up and take off it’s like I hear water running in the dash area for about 5 minutes. Could you tell me possibly what it might be?
What you are hearing is the coolant rushing through the heater core, most times this is normal, but other times it can mean you have air pockets in the cooling system. Do you have good heat from the vents?
Yes. What do I need to do?
If you have good heat, you probably have nothing wrong. I wouldn’t worry about it too much
Thank you very much. Is the heater core located under the dash?
Yes it is. It is a very big job and I would not recommend doing it yourself. Take it to a mechanic.
What is the best way to access the bottom bolt on a thermostat for a 03 trailblazer 4.2. 6cyl. I am trying to replace my thermostat on a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2. 6l. I can’t reach the bottom bolt. What is the best way to access this bolt and what tools do I need?
The best way is through the wheel well opening on the left side. You can get in there with a 10mm socket with a swivel on an extension pretty easily. Kind of an odd bend, but definitely do-able. I am trying to replace my thermostat on a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2. 6l. I can’t reach the bottom bolt. What is the best way to access this bolt and what tools do I need?
Thanks so much.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 1996 Chevrolet Suburban P0420 - Brakes Pulsate My 1996 Chevy Suburban has a code Code P0420 code and bad sensors showing on code with large vacuum leak. I've sprayed c...
- Oldsmobile Silhouette Belt Pulley Replacement I have a 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette and the main drive pulley appears to have a sleeve on it (the grooved part of pulley...
- Lift Kit and Dodge Durango ABS Brake Problems I just replaced the front drive shaft on my 2001 Dodge Durango, now my ABS light and brake light keep coming on. Does th...
- 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Trac Off and Engine Light Well my car is dead and it won't start. The Trac off light came on and the check engine light and the battery light and ...
- 2007 Grand Prix Headlights Keep Going Out I have a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix and my headlights keep going out. Mechanic JK Both sides at the same time? Do you m...
- Honda Accord bogs when started and wont go over 2 grand Hey I have changed my head recently due to cam shaft breaking. So instead of doing all the little things i went and p...