2006 Chevy Equinox Temp Gauge and Trailblazer Heater Core
2006 Chevrolet EQUINOX … AFTER A COOLANT SYTEM FLUSH MY TEMP GAUGE SHOWS A COOLER TEMPSERATURE THAN USUAL..CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS COME ON…OTHER THAN THAT CAR RUNS FINE ? ANY IDEAS ON WHAT IS CAUSING THIS.
You probably need a thermostat now. After the flush, debris has gotten clogged in the thermostat and it is stuck open…that will set a code as well.
OK THAT SOUNDS PRETTY SIMPLE IS THIS A COMMOM PROBLEM.?? BECAUSE CAR HAS ONLY 3500O MILES.
Yes it is very common.
THANKS FOR YOU HELP!
When I first start my Trailblazer up and take off it’s like I hear water running in the dash area for about 5 minutes. Could you tell me possibly what it might be?
What you are hearing is the coolant rushing through the heater core, most times this is normal, but other times it can mean you have air pockets in the cooling system. Do you have good heat from the vents?
Yes. What do I need to do?
If you have good heat, you probably have nothing wrong. I wouldn’t worry about it too much
Thank you very much. Is the heater core located under the dash?
Yes it is. It is a very big job and I would not recommend doing it yourself. Take it to a mechanic.
What is the best way to access the bottom bolt on a thermostat for a 03 trailblazer 4.2. 6cyl. I am trying to replace my thermostat on a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2. 6l. I can’t reach the bottom bolt. What is the best way to access this bolt and what tools do I need?
The best way is through the wheel well opening on the left side. You can get in there with a 10mm socket with a swivel on an extension pretty easily. Kind of an odd bend, but definitely do-able. I am trying to replace my thermostat on a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2. 6l. I can’t reach the bottom bolt. What is the best way to access this bolt and what tools do I need?
Thanks so much.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2007 Grand Prix Headlights Keep Going Out I have a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix and my headlights keep going out. Mechanic JK Both sides at the same time? Do you mean the bulbs are burning out, or just they go off. Both ...
- High Beam Indicator On The Dash Of My GMC 2500 Why is the high beam light on in the dash of my 2004 GMC 2500 pick up when the truck is off and the high beam lever is off. ProTech: You're probably looking at a short in the h...
- Common Cause For Chevrolet Equinox ABS Light Here's something we as technicians see a whole bunch of....bad hub bearings. Whether they are causing the Antilock Brake (ABS) light to come on, or are just making a terrible grind...
- Ford Explorer Smog Test And Engine Noises Yes I have to go for an emissions test. What will they be looking for? What year is your vehicle? It's a 1999 Ford Explorer. Alright, usually with vehicles 1996 and newer,...
- Check Engine Light Code P0300 On GM 2.2L and 2.4L We have been seeing quite a few problems with the GM 2.2L and 2.4L engines. Mostly on model years 2005 through 2009. This engine is very common in the Chevrolet Malibu, Cobalt and ...
- 2002 Pontiac Grand Am Temp Sensor and Hard Starting Trouble code says IAT sensor on 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT 3.4L. Have replaced it twice with two brand new ones from different stores. Still showing problem code. Has problems with n...