2006 Chevrolet EQUINOX … AFTER A COOLANT SYTEM FLUSH MY TEMP GAUGE SHOWS A COOLER TEMPSERATURE THAN USUAL..CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS COME ON…OTHER THAN THAT CAR RUNS FINE ? ANY IDEAS ON WHAT IS CAUSING THIS.
You probably need a thermostat now. After the flush, debris has gotten clogged in the thermostat and it is stuck open…that will set a code as well.
OK THAT SOUNDS PRETTY SIMPLE IS THIS A COMMOM PROBLEM.?? BECAUSE CAR HAS ONLY 3500O MILES.
Yes it is very common.
THANKS FOR YOU HELP!
When I first start my Trailblazer up and take off it’s like I hear water running in the dash area for about 5 minutes. Could you tell me possibly what it might be?
What you are hearing is the coolant rushing through the heater core, most times this is normal, but other times it can mean you have air pockets in the cooling system. Do you have good heat from the vents?
Yes. What do I need to do?
If you have good heat, you probably have nothing wrong. I wouldn’t worry about it too much
Thank you very much. Is the heater core located under the dash?
Yes it is. It is a very big job and I would not recommend doing it yourself. Take it to a mechanic.
What is the best way to access the bottom bolt on a thermostat for a 03 trailblazer 4.2. 6cyl. I am trying to replace my thermostat on a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2. 6l. I can’t reach the bottom bolt. What is the best way to access this bolt and what tools do I need?
The best way is through the wheel well opening on the left side. You can get in there with a 10mm socket with a swivel on an extension pretty easily. Kind of an odd bend, but definitely do-able. I am trying to replace my thermostat on a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2. 6l. I can’t reach the bottom bolt. What is the best way to access this bolt and what tools do I need?
Thanks so much.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2007 Grand Prix Headlights Keep Going Out I have a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix and my headlights keep going out. Mechanic JK Both sides at the same time? Do you mean the bulbs are burning out, or just they go off. Both ...
- Chevrolet S-10 Truck Starting Problems Answered 1994 Chevrolet S-10 4.3 tbi. I never get the signal to turn on the fuel pump or fire the injectors but if i poor gas in the intake once the truck starts it runs fine. Any ideas ? I...
- 2004 Chevy Venture Accelerates On It's Own I have a 2004 Chevy venture van with a 3.4 that accelerates when it wants to. It happens when cold or hot, just starting or going down the road. I have changed the TPS and IAC and ...
- My 2003 Chevrolet Impala Is Over Heating Hi my name is Jim. I got a 2003 Chevrolet Impala overheating. Already replace the thermostat but still overheating. Protech: You could have a bad cylinder head gasket or leakin...
- 2009 Chevy Impala Engine Light And Reduced Power 2009 Chevrolet Impala won't seem to have any pick up says reduced engine power on dash. Have you noticed if the check engine light is on as well the 'reduced engine power' messa...
- 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Trac Off and Engine Light Well my car is dead and it won't start. The Trac off light came on and the check engine light and the battery light and the oil light came on and when I went to step on the gas ped...