2006 Chevy Equinox Temp Gauge and Trailblazer Heater Core
2006 Chevrolet EQUINOX … AFTER A COOLANT SYTEM FLUSH MY TEMP GAUGE SHOWS A COOLER TEMPSERATURE THAN USUAL..CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS COME ON…OTHER THAN THAT CAR RUNS FINE ? ANY IDEAS ON WHAT IS CAUSING THIS.
You probably need a thermostat now. After the flush, debris has gotten clogged in the thermostat and it is stuck open…that will set a code as well.
OK THAT SOUNDS PRETTY SIMPLE IS THIS A COMMOM PROBLEM.?? BECAUSE CAR HAS ONLY 3500O MILES.
Yes it is very common.
THANKS FOR YOU HELP!
When I first start my Trailblazer up and take off it’s like I hear water running in the dash area for about 5 minutes. Could you tell me possibly what it might be?
What you are hearing is the coolant rushing through the heater core, most times this is normal, but other times it can mean you have air pockets in the cooling system. Do you have good heat from the vents?
Yes. What do I need to do?
If you have good heat, you probably have nothing wrong. I wouldn’t worry about it too much
Thank you very much. Is the heater core located under the dash?
Yes it is. It is a very big job and I would not recommend doing it yourself. Take it to a mechanic.
What is the best way to access the bottom bolt on a thermostat for a 03 trailblazer 4.2. 6cyl. I am trying to replace my thermostat on a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2. 6l. I can’t reach the bottom bolt. What is the best way to access this bolt and what tools do I need?
The best way is through the wheel well opening on the left side. You can get in there with a 10mm socket with a swivel on an extension pretty easily. Kind of an odd bend, but definitely do-able. I am trying to replace my thermostat on a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2. 6l. I can’t reach the bottom bolt. What is the best way to access this bolt and what tools do I need?
Thanks so much.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 1995 Ford Escort Fan Stays On and Kills Battery I HAVE A 1995 FORD ESCORT, JUST HAD THE TIMING BELT AND WATER PUMP REPLACED, WITH 2 NEW HOSES AND NEW CABLES FOR THE NEW BATTERY. GOT IT HOME THE ALTERTOR WENT OUT GOT NEW ONE. WEL...
- Chevy Lumina Backfires And Hard Starting I have a Chevy Lumina APV and I am not sure as to where the ground wire is located? Also I am having issues trying to figure out what is wrong with my van. Every time I apply the g...
- 1999 Olds Alero Blower Motor and Security Light I have a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero. The blower motor does not work. I have replaced the blower motor with a delphi motor and the blower motor resistor 3 times. The blower worked one ti...
- Chevy Blazer Heater, Gauges and 4WD Drive Problems Chevy Blazer. My heat won’t work but nothing’s leaking can u please help me. With the heat not working, I'll have to assume you mean it just blows cold instead of not blowing at...
- Car Problems With GM Auto Parts And Employees This is going to basically be another rants and raves article, but this time it is going to be about our parts department at the dealership. Normally, everything runs smoothly. We ...
- '92 Ford Taurus won't start when hot I have a ’92 Taurus that won’t even try to start when engine is warmed up. It won’t click or anything when I turn the key – like a dead battery. BUT when I wait an hour or longer u...