2006 Chevy Equinox Temp Gauge and Trailblazer Heater Core
2006 Chevrolet EQUINOX … AFTER A COOLANT SYTEM FLUSH MY TEMP GAUGE SHOWS A COOLER TEMPSERATURE THAN USUAL..CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS COME ON…OTHER THAN THAT CAR RUNS FINE ? ANY IDEAS ON WHAT IS CAUSING THIS.
You probably need a thermostat now. After the flush, debris has gotten clogged in the thermostat and it is stuck open…that will set a code as well.
OK THAT SOUNDS PRETTY SIMPLE IS THIS A COMMOM PROBLEM.?? BECAUSE CAR HAS ONLY 3500O MILES.
Yes it is very common.
THANKS FOR YOU HELP!
When I first start my Trailblazer up and take off it’s like I hear water running in the dash area for about 5 minutes. Could you tell me possibly what it might be?
What you are hearing is the coolant rushing through the heater core, most times this is normal, but other times it can mean you have air pockets in the cooling system. Do you have good heat from the vents?
Yes. What do I need to do?
If you have good heat, you probably have nothing wrong. I wouldn’t worry about it too much
Thank you very much. Is the heater core located under the dash?
Yes it is. It is a very big job and I would not recommend doing it yourself. Take it to a mechanic.
What is the best way to access the bottom bolt on a thermostat for a 03 trailblazer 4.2. 6cyl. I am trying to replace my thermostat on a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2. 6l. I can’t reach the bottom bolt. What is the best way to access this bolt and what tools do I need?
The best way is through the wheel well opening on the left side. You can get in there with a 10mm socket with a swivel on an extension pretty easily. Kind of an odd bend, but definitely do-able. I am trying to replace my thermostat on a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4.2. 6l. I can’t reach the bottom bolt. What is the best way to access this bolt and what tools do I need?
Thanks so much.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2003 Chevy Venture 5 Volt Reference Codes I am getting code P1639 on my Chevy Venture van 2003. This is supposed to indicate a low 5 volt reference at the AC pressure sensor and the fuel tank pressure sensor. I have measur...
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado Engine Light Code P0336 I have a 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 series, 5.3. Code reads p0336 crankshaft sensor. Have replaced sensor 3 times and will not start. Put old sensor in and start. ProTech: When ...
- My Gas Gauge Reads Empty When It Is Full Of Fuel One thing I see and hear quite a bit of from customers is that they complain that their fuel gauge is inaccurate or acts very erratically. I've been dealing with these type of prob...
- 2006 Buick Rainier Won't Shift And Speedometer Not Working I have a 2006 Buick Rainier. Last night everything was fine. This morning when we were on our way to the store it would not shift and the speedometer stopped working working. What ...
- Dodge Van Engine Goes To Hot Mark On Gauge Engine gets hot. Gauge goes to the hot line. Radiator and top hose not getting hot, but top hose feels under pressure and no thermostat. Mechanic JK: What make model and year v...
- Pontiac Grand Prix Knocking Noise- Will Not Crank Over Yes, I have a 2005 Grand Prix and every time it shifts it makes a slight knocking noise. Shifts sorry. That's OK, something like that could be a bad motor or transmission mount....