I have a 2002 Chevy Venture AWD and I’m trying to separate the bell housing from the engine while the engine is in the vehicle. It has moved about 1/2″ and will not budge any farther no mater what I do ie. rase/lower the engine. Any help would be appreciated.
Have you taken off the three torque converter bolts that attach to the flywheel?
Yes, I’ve removed all the related parts. ie. torque converter bolts, motor mounts,(6)bell housing bolts. Could it just be a very tight crank bushing?
No probably not that. Something still has to be in the way or not disconnected. If you have gotten it loose from the dowel pins on the block, it should move back and come right off.
It is off the dowel pins but not by much. Actually the bell housing has twisted so one of the dowel no longer lines up. I can rock the trans/engine but something still seem to be hanging up.
Yeah, without actually being able to see it, I can’t really help you much further. Take a good look and find what’s holding you up is all I can say to do.
I’ve cleared the dowels however the engine twisted so one of the dowels no longer lines up. Something seems to be binding inside the bell housing.
It doesn’t matter if they don’t line up since you’re taking the trans out of the vehicle. Get a prybar and go nuts on it!! Have a nice night. I’m assuming you do have the subframe out of the van and a proper fixture holding up the engine?
Yes. Thank you for your help. I will look for what is holding me up during the day. Maybe I am missing something.
Replacing Spark Plugs
I am seeking any suggestions as to how I may access the raer bank spark plugs on a 2001 Chevrolet Venture van w/3.4L engine. I would like to do so without removing most of the engine components(?). Thank you.
There are two different ways to go about replacing the rear spark plugs on your Chevy Venture van. One is to do it from under the truck. This is quite difficult without it being up in the air on a hoist. The other is to get the special tools required to do the job. The tool clamps onto the upper engine mount dogbone bracket and then tightens up to slave the motor forward. You will need to remove that upper mount. Only a 13mm and 15mm bolt and nut.
Theft Module Location
Hello, I’m trying to find the location of the theft system module on a a 2000 Chevrolet Venture.
The theft deterrent is actually controlled through the Body Control Module. That module is located under the right side of the dash. It is located right under the glove box area, just remove the panel under the dash and you will see the Body Control Module.
This would be where the i/p harness and relay center are at correct.
It is located right under the glove box area, just remove the panel under the dash and you will see the Body Control Module.
OK, thank you so much.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado Cranks But Will Not Start My 2001 Chevy will not start. I replaced the fuel filter and I can hear the fuel pump running. Could it still be the fuel pump? Mechanic JK: What model Chevrolet is this? Any w...
- 1996 Pontiac Grand Am Gauges Problem I have a 1996 Pontiac Grand Am, the car starts then dies. There is no power to the gauge cluster and the radio wont come on. I replaced ignition switch but did not help. Battery is...
- Do I Need New Brakes On My Car? This article might be a bit related to the rant and raves article I posted a while back. I'm writing this after working yesterday and having to deal with probably one of the most a...
- 1996 Toyota Corolla Has A Low Idle I have a 1996 Toyota Corolla 1600 cc which started to rev very low on start up to the point that it would cut out. A code reader showed a coolant temperature sensor code so i repla...
- Repair Work Slows For Auto Mechanics The past couple weeks at the shop have seen a sharp decline in business. This week was especially slow and all of us technicians are feeling it in the pocket book! This usually hap...
- 2003 Chevy Silverado Check Engine Light and Transmission Slipping What is the cause of reduced engine power? ProTech: What year, make and model of vehicle? 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500hd 6.0 engine. Is the check engine light on as well? ...