How To Remove Chevy Venture Transmission and Spark Plugs
I have a 2002 Chevy Venture AWD and I’m trying to separate the bell housing from the engine while the engine is in the vehicle. It has moved about 1/2″ and will not budge any farther no mater what I do ie. rase/lower the engine. Any help would be appreciated.
Have you taken off the three torque converter bolts that attach to the flywheel?
Yes, I’ve removed all the related parts. ie. torque converter bolts, motor mounts,(6)bell housing bolts. Could it just be a very tight crank bushing?
No probably not that. Something still has to be in the way or not disconnected. If you have gotten it loose from the dowel pins on the block, it should move back and come right off.
It is off the dowel pins but not by much. Actually the bell housing has twisted so one of the dowel no longer lines up. I can rock the trans/engine but something still seem to be hanging up.
Yeah, without actually being able to see it, I can’t really help you much further. Take a good look and find what’s holding you up is all I can say to do.
I’ve cleared the dowels however the engine twisted so one of the dowels no longer lines up. Something seems to be binding inside the bell housing.
It doesn’t matter if they don’t line up since you’re taking the trans out of the vehicle. Get a prybar and go nuts on it!! Have a nice night. I’m assuming you do have the subframe out of the van and a proper fixture holding up the engine?
Yes. Thank you for your help. I will look for what is holding me up during the day. Maybe I am missing something.
Replacing Spark Plugs
I am seeking any suggestions as to how I may access the raer bank spark plugs on a 2001 Chevrolet Venture van w/3.4L engine. I would like to do so without removing most of the engine components(?). Thank you.
There are two different ways to go about replacing the rear spark plugs on your Chevy Venture van. One is to do it from under the truck. This is quite difficult without it being up in the air on a hoist. The other is to get the special tools required to do the job. The tool clamps onto the upper engine mount dogbone bracket and then tightens up to slave the motor forward. You will need to remove that upper mount. Only a 13mm and 15mm bolt and nut.
Theft Module Location
Hello, I’m trying to find the location of the theft system module on a a 2000 Chevrolet Venture.
The theft deterrent is actually controlled through the Body Control Module. That module is located under the right side of the dash. It is located right under the glove box area, just remove the panel under the dash and you will see the Body Control Module.
This would be where the i/p harness and relay center are at correct.
It is located right under the glove box area, just remove the panel under the dash and you will see the Body Control Module.
OK, thank you so much.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2001 Dodge 1500 Moves Forward When In Park I got a 2001 Dodge 1500 and changed the filter and fluid in the transmission now it acts like it stays in forward gears in all shifts with the shifter even park. Mechanic JK: D...
- Ford Taurus 2001 runs rough and skips Hello. I have a 2001 ford Taurus V6 ohc engine and when I start it up it skips and runs rough for awhile and will eventually clear up and run perfect. And also it does hesitate onc...
- How To Replace Water Pump On 2000 Cadillac Sedan Deville I need help removing the water pump pulley on my 2000 Cadillac Sedan Deville. The pulley seems to have seized and damaged the pulley tensioner. Protech: Which engine do you hav...
- Chevrolet Impala Emissions Leak And Brake Noise Just had spark plugs, plug wires, thermostat, fan assembly and head gaskets replaced on my 2002 Chevy Impala . The check engine light came on and on and Autozone gave a readout of ...
- Chevy Blazer Heater, Gauges and 4WD Drive Problems Chevy Blazer. My heat won’t work but nothing’s leaking can u please help me. With the heat not working, I'll have to assume you mean it just blows cold instead of not blowing at...
- 1999 Olds Alero Blower Motor and Security Light I have a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero. The blower motor does not work. I have replaced the blower motor with a delphi motor and the blower motor resistor 3 times. The blower worked one ti...