How To Remove Chevy Venture Transmission and Spark Plugs
I have a 2002 Chevy Venture AWD and I’m trying to separate the bell housing from the engine while the engine is in the vehicle. It has moved about 1/2″ and will not budge any farther no mater what I do ie. rase/lower the engine. Any help would be appreciated.
Have you taken off the three torque converter bolts that attach to the flywheel?
Yes, I’ve removed all the related parts. ie. torque converter bolts, motor mounts,(6)bell housing bolts. Could it just be a very tight crank bushing?
No probably not that. Something still has to be in the way or not disconnected. If you have gotten it loose from the dowel pins on the block, it should move back and come right off.
It is off the dowel pins but not by much. Actually the bell housing has twisted so one of the dowel no longer lines up. I can rock the trans/engine but something still seem to be hanging up.
Yeah, without actually being able to see it, I can’t really help you much further. Take a good look and find what’s holding you up is all I can say to do.
I’ve cleared the dowels however the engine twisted so one of the dowels no longer lines up. Something seems to be binding inside the bell housing.
It doesn’t matter if they don’t line up since you’re taking the trans out of the vehicle. Get a prybar and go nuts on it!! Have a nice night. I’m assuming you do have the subframe out of the van and a proper fixture holding up the engine?
Yes. Thank you for your help. I will look for what is holding me up during the day. Maybe I am missing something.
Replacing Spark Plugs
I am seeking any suggestions as to how I may access the raer bank spark plugs on a 2001 Chevrolet Venture van w/3.4L engine. I would like to do so without removing most of the engine components(?). Thank you.
There are two different ways to go about replacing the rear spark plugs on your Chevy Venture van. One is to do it from under the truck. This is quite difficult without it being up in the air on a hoist. The other is to get the special tools required to do the job. The tool clamps onto the upper engine mount dogbone bracket and then tightens up to slave the motor forward. You will need to remove that upper mount. Only a 13mm and 15mm bolt and nut.
Theft Module Location
Hello, I’m trying to find the location of the theft system module on a a 2000 Chevrolet Venture.
The theft deterrent is actually controlled through the Body Control Module. That module is located under the right side of the dash. It is located right under the glove box area, just remove the panel under the dash and you will see the Body Control Module.
This would be where the i/p harness and relay center are at correct.
It is located right under the glove box area, just remove the panel under the dash and you will see the Body Control Module.
OK, thank you so much.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2003 Dodge Door Locks And Engine Bearing Problem I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 and just recently the door ajar light comes on and the door locks try to lock on acceleration only when I take my foot off the gas it stops until I acc...
- GMC Canyon Code P0116 Temperature Sensor And P0102 MAF 2006 GMC Canyon. When you push on the gas to take off it hesitates, while I am driving you can feel the engine hesitating, and when I slow down to stop it hesitates and the RPMs je...
- My Gas Gauge Reads Empty When It Is Full Of Fuel One thing I see and hear quite a bit of from customers is that they complain that their fuel gauge is inaccurate or acts very erratically. I've been dealing with these type of prob...
- Chevy Trailblazer Heat Core Replacement Procedure Pictures This week I had the pleasure, or should I say displeasure of replacing the heater core on a Chevrolet Trailblazer. This is not the older body style Chevy S-10 Blazer, but the newer...
- Oil and Coolant Mixing In Engine- Pictures I had the pleasure recently, or displeasure rather, of getting a customer's vehicle that was overheating and running very poorly. Once I got in and started it up, I knew it was goi...
- 1989 Buick regal 3.1 won't start when engine warms up 1989 Buick regal 3.1 Car runs fine for 10 minutes. If you shut it off it won’t restart but it will turn over. It has spark to all six plugs it has gas pressure of 45psi. Changed EC...