Do NOT use any sealer on the trans pan or gasket area, that will just make matters worse. You need to get a good GM trans pan gasket and reinstall. Make sure not to over tighten the bolts.
Where do i go to get it.
Any GM dealership.
Hello I disconnected my battery to change my thermostat and now my car won’t start. I was told I had to relearn my PCM. What is the correct procedure.
That should not have caused your vehicle to not start….does it do anything now when you try to crank it?
No it does not crank and the key is stuck in the ignition.
Are you sure you have the battery hooked back up properly, and are the cable connections tight?
I thought being that I disconnected the battery for so long it erased the memory.
The symptoms you are having are caused by either a dead battery or bad connections.
No, the memory does not erase like that.
Yes battery connected and tight.
Why don’t you try jumping the battery and see if that helps?
I put a volt meter on it and i am getting 12.3 volts.
12.3 volts doesn’t mean it has cranking power, i would jump it just to make sure it is or isn’t the battery itself. If the battery is good, you could have possibly blown a fuse by accidentally touching a cable to metal.
OK thank you I will check the fuse panel.
2005 Chevy Malibu
Why wont my Chevy Malibu (2005) reverse? It goes into every other gear except reverse.
If you have no reverse, you have an internal transmission problem. There is no electrical component like a shift solenoid that can cause no reverse. It is a mechanical problem.
What do you do about that? Can we fix it ourselves to hold it until we get home.
The transmission has to come out of the car to be fixed. You won’t be able to do it yourself, or find a remedy that doesn’t involve rebuilding the transmission.
Should we check for anything else to be wrong? or is that the definite conclusion?
Unfortunately that is it, you’re going to need trans work.
About how much does that cost usually?
Wow, even a used one??
Yes that would be for a used one. With new, you’re looking at about $3,500 and up.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 1994 Ford F-250 Engine Light and Idle Problem My 1994 Ford F-250 with a 5.8 Gas engine refuses to idle below 1500rpm. Is this a common proble...
- 2003 Chevy Silverado Check Engine Light and Transmission Slipping What is the cause of reduced engine power? ProTech: What year, make and model of vehicle? ...
- Buick Lesabre Blower Motor Only Has High And Low Speeds 2000 Buick Lesabre. My blower has only been working on low and high for a while, nothing in bet...
- High Beam Indicator On The Dash Of My GMC 2500 Why is the high beam light on in the dash of my 2004 GMC 2500 pick up when the truck is off and...
- 1989 Buick regal 3.1 won't start when engine warms up 1989 Buick regal 3.1 Car runs fine for 10 minutes. If you shut it off it won’t restart but it w...
- 2004 Chevrolet Suburban Service Stability Light Wondering if you knew what the code co455 for a 2004 Suburban. Protech: That code is for th...
- 1997 Chevy S-10 Keeps Blowing Ignition Fuse Have a 1997 Chevy s10 p/u that keeps blowing #10 fuse. Key in on position its OK, but as soon a...