I have a 1999 Pontiac Montana code p0306 misfire detected. Check engine light blinking. Changed spark plugs, wires, ignition coil and put in new fuel filter. We checked compression and it’s good but still the same. What else can I do to fix the problems that all happened when i fixed a gas leak.
What kind of gas leak did you have?
Just past the fuel filter on the main line.
OK. Well it seems you have replaced most everything except the fuel injector for the number 6 cylinder. Do you notice any engine noise when it is running? Have you had the intake manifold gaskets replaced recently?
Is running rough, engine light blinking. No I haven’t changed the gasket yet.
OK. You may have a stuck fuel injector. Also, there is a possibility that one of the rocker arm bolts has pulled out of the cylinder head. This does not always show up on a compression test. You would need to remove the valve cover to inspect that.
Thank you for your help.
How much time will it take a shop to replace an injector.
To remove the upper intake plenum and replace the injector, expect about 2 1/2 to 3 hours labor. So multiply the shop labor rate times 3 hours to get a good idea of the cost.
Thank you for your time and help.
What is the go no go resistance on the fuel injectors for a Pontiac Montana 3.4L engine cold and hot.
What year Montana?
You want about 12 ohms of resistance across each injector, measured cold.
2001 Pontiac Montana Battery
I changed the battery to my Pontiac Montana 2001 but after that the dash gauge does not works i check all the fuses but are OK.
Do any of the gauges, warning lights or dash illumination lights work?
Warning lights works and illumination lights works.
OK. If you are sure that all the fuses are good, then the dash gauges instrument cluster may have gotten damaged internally. Especially if you tried to jump start it one or more times before repacing the battery. Be sure to check ALL the fuses.
Where is located that?
The instrument cluster IS the dash unit with the gauges and lights.
What I need to replace please.
May need to replace the dash gauges unit. You would need a mechanic to check it out to be sure.
2002 Pontiac Montana Hard Starting
Hello, i have a 2002 Montana van and I’m having trouble starting it. its not a problem with the battery and it turns over but doesn’t start.
Well there could be a number of issues causing that kind of problem. Can you tell me if the check engine light is on or any other lights on the dash such as a security light or anything else?
The engine light is often on and flickers on and off.
Well a good starting point would be to get the vehicle scanned to see what trouble codes are present. That will help in diagnosing the problem.
Okay. There are no problems with driving the van once it gets started, its just getting it started. There’s plenty of gas in the tank and sometimes it starts okay. Two mechanics have scanned the vehicle and don’t know what the problem is.
Do you know if they have done a fuel pressure check? Sometimes a faulty or low output fuel pump can cause hard starting conditions.
Is there a chance that it could be a problem with the ignition?
Absolutely it can be an ignition problem, but if it is it will usually act up every time you try to start it. There could be a bad ignition module, coil, wires, etc. I would still recommend a fuel pressure check because it is more often a fuel issue than an ignition issue.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2004 Chevy Impala Engine Misfire Code P0302 I was getting a P0302 indicator code for # 2 spark plug. I changed the wire and it went out,however when I got up to 35 ...
- 2006 Chevy Silverado ABS Brakes Vibrating At Slow Speeds Hello I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado 4X4 crew cab, having ABS problems, first once the ABS where coming on when I was bra...
- 2002 Chevrolet Malibu Has A Very High Idle 2002 Chevy Malibu w/3.4L idles @3,000 rpm. The TPS, PCV, fuel filter, fuel pump assembly, and charcoal canister was repl...
- Ford Taurus Used Car Transmission Failure So my shop took in several Ford Taurus vehicles for our used car stock. I was to inspect and re-condition them before th...
- Chevrolet S-10 Truck Starting Problems Answered 1994 Chevrolet S-10 4.3 tbi. I never get the signal to turn on the fuel pump or fire the injectors but if i poor gas in ...
- Replaced Ford Escort Engine But Now Won't Start Engine crank but doesn't start in my1998 Ford Escort 2zx DOHC. I changed the engine after overheated the old one, keepin...