Olds Aurora Hot On Drivers Side Vents

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a 1999 Olds Aurora and the air conditioner blows hot air on the driver’s side but cold air on the passenger’s side. What could this problem be and how can I fix it.

Reply: You could have either a bad HVAC control head, control module, or a faulty temperature door actuator for the driver’s side. Any of these would need some checking out by a mechanic to properly diagnose it. There may be trouble codes stored in the control module that might lead to the problem. If it’s a control head, or control module, they are fairly easy to replace. An actuator is what turns a door to control either it being hot or cold or somewhere in the middle as you turn the dial or set the temp on the control head. If the actuator is bad, there will be some dash components that require removal to get access to it. This is a pretty involved job, labor-wise. See this link

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Vents Hot On Drivers Side- Cold Passenger Side

Anonymous
      Inactive

I need an a/c compressor and I can’t find one at the local parts store. I was wondering what other year make and model automobile has a compatible part?

RE: The 1995 through 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora should be the same A/C compressor. To be sure, have the parts store run a year range check on the part number. They should be able to confirm this.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.