Crown Victoria wont Start Replaced starter

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

1989 ford crown victoriaI REPLACED STARTER SOLENOID WAS NOT IT. THE BATTERY IS BRAND NEW GOT THAT CHECKED IT’S 100% CHARGED. STARTER WAS REPLACED LAST YEAR. BUT DOESN’T MEAN ITS GOOD I GUESS. I THINK I HAD ALSO REPLACED THE ALTERNATOR LAST YEAR BUT NOT SURE. MY QUESTION IS ON JULY 5TH 2011 MY CAR WAS RUNNING GOOD .I WENT OUT TO PLAY RADIO FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES AND WHEN I GOT IN NEXT MORNING IT WOULDNT DO ANYTHING IT;S LIKE TOTALLY DEAD NO NOISE AFTER I TRY TO TURN OVER AFTER PUTTING KEY IN NOTHING.LIGHTS COME UP DIM ON GAUGES. LIKE I SAID I BOUGHT A STARTER SOLENOID BUT THAT WASN’T IT I WAS THINKING THE STARTER?

Protech

If the lights come up dim while trying to crank the engine, and the battery is good, then yes it sounds like a bad starter. It is drawing so much power that the lights go dim, but it cannot turn the motor over.

Richard

I just replace my fuel pump assembly on my 1992 ford crown victoria and when I feel the tank up it will steel read half way and my check engine light keeps coming on cause of it how do you reset or what is the problem?

Protech

Richard, is this the same problem you have before you replaced the fuel pump assembly? Did the new pump come with the fuel level sensor?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.