3.8L oil sending unit location

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      william wade

Where do I find the sending unit on a 3.8 GM engine?

Steven Ruisi

During a routine water pump replacement, my local mechanic told me the rear valve cover had a hole behind the belt tensioner. He claimed that someone mismatched the bolts(two short,1 long) during a previous installation of the tensioner and drove the long bolt through the of the valve cover. Is this possible?

Anonymous
      Inactive

1997 monte carlo 3.1 sometimes wont go in any gear sometimes will disengage at stop can feel a shift but no torque untill i rev up (Servo?)no code.

RE: Seems like you have a slippage problem inside the transmission. Either lack of fluid pressure or failing parts. Something like this will require the trans to be removed from the car and disassembled to find the exact cause.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a 2006 Monte Carlo and had to jump it off last night but now I can not get the hood to latch back. What can I do to fix this?

Protech

Check to see if the latch has closed on its own and is blocking the hood striker from latching. If so, take a screwdriver and release it while someone pulls on the hood release. If not, it could just need an adjustment or it could be completely broken and need replaced.

Jake

The oil pressure sending unit on the GM 3.8L V6 engine is behind the power steering pump. Best viewed from through the wheel well or under the car. A little touch to get to.
      3.8L oil sending unit

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.