Location of Coolant Bypass on Chevrolet Impala 3800
Were is the bypass hose on a 3800 V6.
Are you referring to the coolant bypass hose?
The 3800 does not really have a bypass hose. It is a small plastic 90 degree elbow. It is located in the upper intake manifold on the front of the engine.
I was thinking that because i just replaced upper and lower but the parts store said i would need this.
Correction, it is in the lower intake manifold. What year car?
Then if you replaced the lower intake gaskets, then you know the elbow I described. Parts stores usually try to sell that because many times that part will break during removal.
Upper and lower on the belt tension not the intake. I did not even see this rubber hose.
I am a little confused. Did you replace the intake gaskets, or these 2 elbows?
Oh. OK. Then you are good to go. Anything else?
So there is no bypass hose or heater hose that’s about 10 inches
The only hoses are the ones that go from the rear of the tensionser to the heater core.
I have looked on several site and all i see is the plastic elbows OK thanks.
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
How do I loosen the serpentine belt on a 3.8 2002 Monte Carlo SS?
There is a belt tensioner located near the alternator, a smaller pulley with a 15mm bolt on it. Use a wrench or tensioner tool to loosen it enough to get the belt off.
I have a 2004 3.8L Chevy Monte Carlo the check engine lite code is P-0128 I know this has to do with the coolant system. Initially the coolant was old and I changed it but the thermostat on the dash does not get over 160-170 and the heater is warm but not greater I am debating whether it is the coolant monitoring system or the actual thermostat..which do you most likely thank it is.
Yes, it has to do with the cooling system temperatures. The car isn’t getting hot enough due to a bad thermostat. They will usually stick open and cause this code to set. Replacing the thermostat will take care of your problem.
Thank you Protech for the info thought that was the problem but appreciate the confirmation.
No problem. Glad to help out!
More Car Repair Questions:
- Chevy Lumina Backfires And Hard Starting I have a Chevy Lumina APV and I am not sure as to where the ground wire is located? Also I am having issues trying to figure out what is wrong with my van. Every time I apply the g...
- 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Won't Go When Hitting The Gas I changed the mass airflow sensor and o2 sensor in my 2000 Oldsmobile Alero but when I crank it up it runs till I push the gas. What is the problem? Would you know? Mechanic ...
- 1995 Buick Lesabre Is Loosing Engine Power I have a 1995 Buick Lesabre and its cutting all power sometimes when turning and at a little incline. Protech: Cutting power how? Electrical power? Or engine power? Engine p...
- 2007 Chevy Equinox Freon Pressure Problem 2007 Chevy Equinox: HVAC A/C- 1) A/C on/off button not functioning, press to off and system still running as A/C, toggling/pressing repeatedly still no change 2) system ices up (...
- 2004 Buick Regal ABS, TRAC OFF And Engine Light I have a 2004 Buick Regal LS with 194k. I haven’t had any major issues with it, but tonight I was driving and, randomly, the car started kind of bucking and jolting forward upon ac...
- 1996 Toyota Corolla Has A Low Idle I have a 1996 Toyota Corolla 1600 cc which started to rev very low on start up to the point that it would cut out. A code reader showed a coolant temperature sensor code so i repla...