Location of Coolant Bypass on Chevrolet Impala 3800
Were is the bypass hose on a 3800 V6.
Are you referring to the coolant bypass hose?
The 3800 does not really have a bypass hose. It is a small plastic 90 degree elbow. It is located in the upper intake manifold on the front of the engine.
I was thinking that because i just replaced upper and lower but the parts store said i would need this.
Correction, it is in the lower intake manifold. What year car?
Then if you replaced the lower intake gaskets, then you know the elbow I described. Parts stores usually try to sell that because many times that part will break during removal.
Upper and lower on the belt tension not the intake. I did not even see this rubber hose.
I am a little confused. Did you replace the intake gaskets, or these 2 elbows?
Oh. OK. Then you are good to go. Anything else?
So there is no bypass hose or heater hose that’s about 10 inches
The only hoses are the ones that go from the rear of the tensionser to the heater core.
I have looked on several site and all i see is the plastic elbows OK thanks.
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
How do I loosen the serpentine belt on a 3.8 2002 Monte Carlo SS?
There is a belt tensioner located near the alternator, a smaller pulley with a 15mm bolt on it. Use a wrench or tensioner tool to loosen it enough to get the belt off.
I have a 2004 3.8L Chevy Monte Carlo the check engine lite code is P-0128 I know this has to do with the coolant system. Initially the coolant was old and I changed it but the thermostat on the dash does not get over 160-170 and the heater is warm but not greater I am debating whether it is the coolant monitoring system or the actual thermostat..which do you most likely thank it is.
Yes, it has to do with the cooling system temperatures. The car isn’t getting hot enough due to a bad thermostat. They will usually stick open and cause this code to set. Replacing the thermostat will take care of your problem.
Thank you Protech for the info thought that was the problem but appreciate the confirmation.
No problem. Glad to help out!
More Car Repair Questions:
- Jeep ABS And Rear Brake Lights Problems I was driving with my emergency brakes up and my ABS light came on. I checked and my brakes fluid was low I put some in but the light is still coming on. ProTech So, you were d...
- Dodge Engine Sputters - Failed Smog Test Live Chat: I have a 1995 dodge Ram, v8 magnum, recently it started to sputter alot while driving, if you drive for about 15 minutes it will start dropping rpms and speed and sputte...
- How To Change Belt - Interior Light Stay On What do I need to take loose to change a serpentine belt on a 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva. ProTech: Which engine do you have? 2.4L four cylinder. The 2.4 engines are relative...
- 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Overheats and Blown Engine Hello. Wow it's free? Most of these charge money. Yes we are. Well just a few questions...car is a 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass 3.1L 3100. I have a pro GM mechanic of 20 years wor...
- Saturn Vue Engine Light - SL2 Problems Hey guys, I'm trying to replace the thermal sensor on my VUE 2009 responsible for the ambient temperature. On the dashboard it's always stuck at 181 degrees. I read somewhere it's ...
- Warm Air From GMC Sierra Vents With A/C On A/c compressor kicks on when ac is turned on, but no cold air comes out of the vents. You can change which vents the air comes out of. The ac is fully charged. When heat is on it o...