Location of Coolant Bypass on Chevrolet Impala 3800
Were is the bypass hose on a 3800 V6.
Are you referring to the coolant bypass hose?
The 3800 does not really have a bypass hose. It is a small plastic 90 degree elbow. It is located in the upper intake manifold on the front of the engine.
I was thinking that because i just replaced upper and lower but the parts store said i would need this.
Correction, it is in the lower intake manifold. What year car?
Then if you replaced the lower intake gaskets, then you know the elbow I described. Parts stores usually try to sell that because many times that part will break during removal.
Upper and lower on the belt tension not the intake. I did not even see this rubber hose.
I am a little confused. Did you replace the intake gaskets, or these 2 elbows?
Oh. OK. Then you are good to go. Anything else?
So there is no bypass hose or heater hose that’s about 10 inches
The only hoses are the ones that go from the rear of the tensionser to the heater core.
I have looked on several site and all i see is the plastic elbows OK thanks.
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
How do I loosen the serpentine belt on a 3.8 2002 Monte Carlo SS?
There is a belt tensioner located near the alternator, a smaller pulley with a 15mm bolt on it. Use a wrench or tensioner tool to loosen it enough to get the belt off.
I have a 2004 3.8L Chevy Monte Carlo the check engine lite code is P-0128 I know this has to do with the coolant system. Initially the coolant was old and I changed it but the thermostat on the dash does not get over 160-170 and the heater is warm but not greater I am debating whether it is the coolant monitoring system or the actual thermostat..which do you most likely thank it is.
Yes, it has to do with the cooling system temperatures. The car isn’t getting hot enough due to a bad thermostat. They will usually stick open and cause this code to set. Replacing the thermostat will take care of your problem.
Thank you Protech for the info thought that was the problem but appreciate the confirmation.
No problem. Glad to help out!
More Car Repair Questions:
- Buick Engine Idling Very High After Jump Start I have a 1995 Buick Century special (sedan). the newer v6, 3.1. I just replaced the whole wiring engine harness due to a small electrical fire from some stupid people that tried to...
- GMC Sierra A/C Clutch | Chevy Malibu Blows Warm Air 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4.3 Vortec v-6. The clutch went out on my A/C unit. Do I have to replace the whole system or can I replace the clutch and bearing only? Will I have any freon l...
- Hyundai Elantra Overheats and Stopped Running I have a Hyundai Elantra which stopped running. When I had it towed to the Hyundai dealer, they told me that the head gasket was blown. They indicated that the upper and lower radi...
- 1998 Honda Civic Runs Bad- Code P0172 Fuel Trim Rich Bank 1 Live Chat: 1998 Honda Civic LX D16Y7 195k Automatic. Initially had a rough/surging idle problem, cleaned throttle body, injectors are good, new spark plugs, IAC valve good. Car idl...
- 2004 Toyota Tundra Loosing Battery Power and Gauges Yes, hi I was driving and radio went off, dashboard dimmed, gauges all fell, speedometer when up and down then stopped at 0, lights dimmed, truck kept almost stopping. turned off l...
- Chevy Blazer Heater, Gauges and 4WD Drive Problems Chevy Blazer. My heat won’t work but nothing’s leaking can u please help me. With the heat not working, I'll have to assume you mean it just blows cold instead of not blowing at...