Were is the bypass hose on a 3800 V6.
Are you referring to the coolant bypass hose?
The 3800 does not really have a bypass hose. It is a small plastic 90 degree elbow. It is located in the upper intake manifold on the front of the engine.
I was thinking that because i just replaced upper and lower but the parts store said i would need this.
Correction, it is in the lower intake manifold. What year car?
Then if you replaced the lower intake gaskets, then you know the elbow I described. Parts stores usually try to sell that because many times that part will break during removal.
Upper and lower on the belt tension not the intake. I did not even see this rubber hose.
I am a little confused. Did you replace the intake gaskets, or these 2 elbows?
Oh. OK. Then you are good to go. Anything else?
So there is no bypass hose or heater hose that’s about 10 inches
The only hoses are the ones that go from the rear of the tensionser to the heater core.
I have looked on several site and all i see is the plastic elbows OK thanks.
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
How do I loosen the serpentine belt on a 3.8 2002 Monte Carlo SS?
There is a belt tensioner located near the alternator, a smaller pulley with a 15mm bolt on it. Use a wrench or tensioner tool to loosen it enough to get the belt off.
I have a 2004 3.8L Chevy Monte Carlo the check engine lite code is P-0128 I know this has to do with the coolant system. Initially the coolant was old and I changed it but the thermostat on the dash does not get over 160-170 and the heater is warm but not greater I am debating whether it is the coolant monitoring system or the actual thermostat..which do you most likely thank it is.
Yes, it has to do with the cooling system temperatures. The car isn’t getting hot enough due to a bad thermostat. They will usually stick open and cause this code to set. Replacing the thermostat will take care of your problem.
Thank you Protech for the info thought that was the problem but appreciate the confirmation.
No problem. Glad to help out!
More Car Repair Questions:
- 1999 Chevrolet Blazer Misfire Cylinder Number 2 Hello, I have a 1999 Chevy Blazer 4x4, 4.3l Vortec v6. Truck starts, and idle & rev are great til about 2500 rpm. Hooked up OBDII scanner, gave a "P0302" code which states "cyl...
- Pontiac Grand Prix Knocking Noise- Will Not Crank Over Yes, I have a 2005 Grand Prix and every time it shifts it makes a slight knocking noise. Shifts sorry. That's OK, something like that could be a bad motor or transmission mount....
- Ford Expedition Vibration When Accelerating 2006 Ford Expedition. My Ford has 113K miles on it. The truck, when getting up to higher speeds runs and shifts perfect. We changed the ignition coils and spark plugs, transmissio...
- Should I Use Factory Repacement Parts in my Car? A lot of people are under the assumption that parts are parts, and getting the lowest price on a certain part for your vehicle is key in deciding what or where to buy. This is abou...
- 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Transmission And Catalytic Converter Codes I have a 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with a 3.8L Series II engine. I am having 2 different issues with this vehicle. First, the transmission has started jerking hard into gears. It ...
- Oldsmobile Silhouette Belt Pulley Replacement I have a 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette and the main drive pulley appears to have a sleeve on it (the grooved part of pulley) and it popped off how do I put it back on or does it need ...