Location of Coolant Bypass on Chevrolet Impala 3800
Were is the bypass hose on a 3800 V6.
Are you referring to the coolant bypass hose?
The 3800 does not really have a bypass hose. It is a small plastic 90 degree elbow. It is located in the upper intake manifold on the front of the engine.
I was thinking that because i just replaced upper and lower but the parts store said i would need this.
Correction, it is in the lower intake manifold. What year car?
Then if you replaced the lower intake gaskets, then you know the elbow I described. Parts stores usually try to sell that because many times that part will break during removal.
Upper and lower on the belt tension not the intake. I did not even see this rubber hose.
I am a little confused. Did you replace the intake gaskets, or these 2 elbows?
Oh. OK. Then you are good to go. Anything else?
So there is no bypass hose or heater hose that’s about 10 inches
The only hoses are the ones that go from the rear of the tensionser to the heater core.
I have looked on several site and all i see is the plastic elbows OK thanks.
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
How do I loosen the serpentine belt on a 3.8 2002 Monte Carlo SS?
There is a belt tensioner located near the alternator, a smaller pulley with a 15mm bolt on it. Use a wrench or tensioner tool to loosen it enough to get the belt off.
I have a 2004 3.8L Chevy Monte Carlo the check engine lite code is P-0128 I know this has to do with the coolant system. Initially the coolant was old and I changed it but the thermostat on the dash does not get over 160-170 and the heater is warm but not greater I am debating whether it is the coolant monitoring system or the actual thermostat..which do you most likely thank it is.
Yes, it has to do with the cooling system temperatures. The car isn’t getting hot enough due to a bad thermostat. They will usually stick open and cause this code to set. Replacing the thermostat will take care of your problem.
Thank you Protech for the info thought that was the problem but appreciate the confirmation.
No problem. Glad to help out!
More Car Repair Questions:
- 1998 Chevrolet Silverado Stalls When Hitting Brakes When i apply the brake it kills the motor on my 1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7 liter .i just changed the gas tank,fuel pump, and,fuel filter. Truck runs great until you apply brake. M...
- Body Shop Repairs Cause More Car Problems So, the other day I had this Chevrolet Impala come in the shop. It was dropped off by a local body shop who had repaired the front end of the car from an accident. It had been pret...
- Check Engine Light P0102- Replaced MAF And Other Sensors To Whom It May Concern: I have replaced the following parts:In reference to the P0102 code 1) Plugs and Wires (AC Delco). 2) Fuel pump and fuel filter. 3) Fuel regulator. 4) A...
- 2003 Olds Alero Transmission or Catalytic Converter Problem I have a Oldsmobile 2003 Alero with 67000 miles on it. Yesterday the speedometer started going up and down by itself and wont register. Also the car jerks if you go past 30 MPH and...
- New Chevrolet Car and Truck Reviews Read the review and test drive for the newest Chevy cars and trucks by the experts. Unbiased reviews with tons of great information. These articles are full of information if you are in the market to buy a new vehicle, or you just want to learn what is coming up in the automotive industry.
- 1996 Toyota Corolla Has A Low Idle I have a 1996 Toyota Corolla 1600 cc which started to rev very low on start up to the point that it would cut out. A code reader showed a coolant temperature sensor code so i repla...