Location of Coolant Bypass on Chevrolet Impala 3800
Were is the bypass hose on a 3800 V6.
Are you referring to the coolant bypass hose?
The 3800 does not really have a bypass hose. It is a small plastic 90 degree elbow. It is located in the upper intake manifold on the front of the engine.
I was thinking that because i just replaced upper and lower but the parts store said i would need this.
Correction, it is in the lower intake manifold. What year car?
Then if you replaced the lower intake gaskets, then you know the elbow I described. Parts stores usually try to sell that because many times that part will break during removal.
Upper and lower on the belt tension not the intake. I did not even see this rubber hose.
I am a little confused. Did you replace the intake gaskets, or these 2 elbows?
Oh. OK. Then you are good to go. Anything else?
So there is no bypass hose or heater hose that’s about 10 inches
The only hoses are the ones that go from the rear of the tensionser to the heater core.
I have looked on several site and all i see is the plastic elbows OK thanks.
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
How do I loosen the serpentine belt on a 3.8 2002 Monte Carlo SS?
There is a belt tensioner located near the alternator, a smaller pulley with a 15mm bolt on it. Use a wrench or tensioner tool to loosen it enough to get the belt off.
I have a 2004 3.8L Chevy Monte Carlo the check engine lite code is P-0128 I know this has to do with the coolant system. Initially the coolant was old and I changed it but the thermostat on the dash does not get over 160-170 and the heater is warm but not greater I am debating whether it is the coolant monitoring system or the actual thermostat..which do you most likely thank it is.
Yes, it has to do with the cooling system temperatures. The car isn’t getting hot enough due to a bad thermostat. They will usually stick open and cause this code to set. Replacing the thermostat will take care of your problem.
Thank you Protech for the info thought that was the problem but appreciate the confirmation.
No problem. Glad to help out!
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Won't Go When Hitting The Gas I changed the mass airflow sensor and o2 sensor in my 2000 Oldsmobile Alero but when I crank it up it runs till I push the gas. What is the problem? Would you know? Mechanic ...
- 2004 Chevy Impala Engine Misfire Code P0302 I was getting a P0302 indicator code for # 2 spark plug. I changed the wire and it went out,however when I got up to 35 mph the check engine light would flash until I got below 35 ...
- Hor Air Blowing From Vents With Air Conditioning On With the very, very hot temperatures the country has been experiencing lately, especially the Midwest, I thought I would write a bit about how these temperature can affect your car...
- Chevy Impala Head lights not working My 2002 Chevy Impala 3.8 Liter LS’s headlights do not work anymore. I have after market fog lights and those are what I use to see at night. Tai lights work perfect and I just had ...
- Chevrolet Impala Won't Start Unless It Sits For A While Chevy Impala 2003. I turned my car off to go in a store. When I returned it didn't start. A at home mechanic told me let it sit for two hours and it will start. I let it said and t...
- Bad Fuel Pumps Cause Vehicle To Not Start Lately, we've have quite a few vehicles come through the shop with fuel pumps that have failed. This seems to go in cycles, where we see a lot of one particular thing coming in all...