Location of Coolant Bypass on Chevrolet Impala 3800
Were is the bypass hose on a 3800 V6.
Are you referring to the coolant bypass hose?
The 3800 does not really have a bypass hose. It is a small plastic 90 degree elbow. It is located in the upper intake manifold on the front of the engine.
I was thinking that because i just replaced upper and lower but the parts store said i would need this.
Correction, it is in the lower intake manifold. What year car?
Then if you replaced the lower intake gaskets, then you know the elbow I described. Parts stores usually try to sell that because many times that part will break during removal.
Upper and lower on the belt tension not the intake. I did not even see this rubber hose.
I am a little confused. Did you replace the intake gaskets, or these 2 elbows?
Oh. OK. Then you are good to go. Anything else?
So there is no bypass hose or heater hose that’s about 10 inches
The only hoses are the ones that go from the rear of the tensionser to the heater core.
I have looked on several site and all i see is the plastic elbows OK thanks.
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
How do I loosen the serpentine belt on a 3.8 2002 Monte Carlo SS?
There is a belt tensioner located near the alternator, a smaller pulley with a 15mm bolt on it. Use a wrench or tensioner tool to loosen it enough to get the belt off.
I have a 2004 3.8L Chevy Monte Carlo the check engine lite code is P-0128 I know this has to do with the coolant system. Initially the coolant was old and I changed it but the thermostat on the dash does not get over 160-170 and the heater is warm but not greater I am debating whether it is the coolant monitoring system or the actual thermostat..which do you most likely thank it is.
Yes, it has to do with the cooling system temperatures. The car isn’t getting hot enough due to a bad thermostat. They will usually stick open and cause this code to set. Replacing the thermostat will take care of your problem.
Thank you Protech for the info thought that was the problem but appreciate the confirmation.
No problem. Glad to help out!
More Car Repair Questions:
- 1998 Honda Civic Runs Bad- Code P0172 Fuel Trim Rich Bank 1 Live Chat: 1998 Honda Civic LX D16Y7 195k Automatic. Initially had a rough/surging idle problem, cleaned throttle body, injectors are good, new spark plugs, IAC valve good. Car idl...
- 1995 Pontiac Bonneville Will Not Crank Over Live Chat: I have a Pontiac Bonneville that will not start. What year? What happens when you turn the key? Does it crank over at all? I'ts a 1995 and no it will not crank....
- 2000 Oldsmobile Intrique Coolant Boiling Over and Gauge Reads Hot This is a long shot by me and hope that you will help me. I have a 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue. I got new and have been keeping it up since. You have probably heard of this engine run...
- Saturn Vue Engine Light - SL2 Problems Hey guys, I'm trying to replace the thermal sensor on my VUE 2009 responsible for the ambient temperature. On the dashboard it's always stuck at 181 degrees. I read somewhere it's ...
- How To Buy A Good Used Car Or Truck Now, I've often heard the phrase "No one trades in a good car", or "No one gets rid of a good car". That may be partially true, but there are definitely things you can look for whe...
- Chevrolet Impala Emissions Leak And Brake Noise Just had spark plugs, plug wires, thermostat, fan assembly and head gaskets replaced on my 2002 Chevy Impala . The check engine light came on and on and Autozone gave a readout of ...