Location of Coolant Bypass on Chevrolet Impala 3800
Were is the bypass hose on a 3800 V6.
Are you referring to the coolant bypass hose?
The 3800 does not really have a bypass hose. It is a small plastic 90 degree elbow. It is located in the upper intake manifold on the front of the engine.
I was thinking that because i just replaced upper and lower but the parts store said i would need this.
Correction, it is in the lower intake manifold. What year car?
Then if you replaced the lower intake gaskets, then you know the elbow I described. Parts stores usually try to sell that because many times that part will break during removal.
Upper and lower on the belt tension not the intake. I did not even see this rubber hose.
I am a little confused. Did you replace the intake gaskets, or these 2 elbows?
Oh. OK. Then you are good to go. Anything else?
So there is no bypass hose or heater hose that’s about 10 inches
The only hoses are the ones that go from the rear of the tensionser to the heater core.
I have looked on several site and all i see is the plastic elbows OK thanks.
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
How do I loosen the serpentine belt on a 3.8 2002 Monte Carlo SS?
There is a belt tensioner located near the alternator, a smaller pulley with a 15mm bolt on it. Use a wrench or tensioner tool to loosen it enough to get the belt off.
I have a 2004 3.8L Chevy Monte Carlo the check engine lite code is P-0128 I know this has to do with the coolant system. Initially the coolant was old and I changed it but the thermostat on the dash does not get over 160-170 and the heater is warm but not greater I am debating whether it is the coolant monitoring system or the actual thermostat..which do you most likely thank it is.
Yes, it has to do with the cooling system temperatures. The car isn’t getting hot enough due to a bad thermostat. They will usually stick open and cause this code to set. Replacing the thermostat will take care of your problem.
Thank you Protech for the info thought that was the problem but appreciate the confirmation.
No problem. Glad to help out!
More Car Repair Questions:
- 1997 GMC Sierra Engine Light And Idle Surge MY 1997 GMC SIERRA W/350 V8 HAS A DEAD CYLINDER ON #4. SPARK PLUG IS GOOD, WIRE IS GOOD DISTRIBUTOR CAP IS GOOD. WHAT ELSE COULD BE CAUSING THIS DEAD CYLINDER ? TRUCK HAS 117,000 W...
- 2000 GMC Yukon Stuck In 4 Wheel High 2000 GMC Yukon-4x4 is stuck in 4hi. service 4wd light on dash is on. i changed the dash switch, same problem. i pull off the transfer case actuator and hit switch, it makes a noise...
- 2003 Buick Century Belt Noise After Replacement Last week I had the serpentine belt replaced in my 2003 Century, V-6 3.1, and soon after that it started to squeal loudly when car is started. The squealing stopped shortly after r...
- Cadillac ELR, Nissan Resonance and Ford Atlas win Eyes on Design awards Filed under: Detroit Auto Show, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Ford, Nissan, Design/Style This year's annual Eyes on Design awards were presented at the end of press days for the Detroit Auto Show on Tuesday. Given out for the best production and concept car de...
- 1997 Pontiac Grand Am Quad Driver And Oxygen Sensor Codes If I put my 1997 Pontiac grand Am shifts into gear too soon after starting it, it sets a check engine light and i get the trouble code 26 -Quad Driver. I had the PCM replaced becau...
- 1998 Mazda 626 Failed Smog Test With Code P0455 I am having to fix a Mazda 626 1998 EVAP gross gas leak, can you help me? ProTech: I sure can try...what seems to be the trouble? Smog failed test, a EVAP system gas leak. ...