Location of Coolant Bypass on Chevrolet Impala 3800
Were is the bypass hose on a 3800 V6.
Are you referring to the coolant bypass hose?
The 3800 does not really have a bypass hose. It is a small plastic 90 degree elbow. It is located in the upper intake manifold on the front of the engine.
I was thinking that because i just replaced upper and lower but the parts store said i would need this.
Correction, it is in the lower intake manifold. What year car?
Then if you replaced the lower intake gaskets, then you know the elbow I described. Parts stores usually try to sell that because many times that part will break during removal.
Upper and lower on the belt tension not the intake. I did not even see this rubber hose.
I am a little confused. Did you replace the intake gaskets, or these 2 elbows?
Oh. OK. Then you are good to go. Anything else?
So there is no bypass hose or heater hose that’s about 10 inches
The only hoses are the ones that go from the rear of the tensionser to the heater core.
I have looked on several site and all i see is the plastic elbows OK thanks.
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
How do I loosen the serpentine belt on a 3.8 2002 Monte Carlo SS?
There is a belt tensioner located near the alternator, a smaller pulley with a 15mm bolt on it. Use a wrench or tensioner tool to loosen it enough to get the belt off.
I have a 2004 3.8L Chevy Monte Carlo the check engine lite code is P-0128 I know this has to do with the coolant system. Initially the coolant was old and I changed it but the thermostat on the dash does not get over 160-170 and the heater is warm but not greater I am debating whether it is the coolant monitoring system or the actual thermostat..which do you most likely thank it is.
Yes, it has to do with the cooling system temperatures. The car isn’t getting hot enough due to a bad thermostat. They will usually stick open and cause this code to set. Replacing the thermostat will take care of your problem.
Thank you Protech for the info thought that was the problem but appreciate the confirmation.
No problem. Glad to help out!
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2006 Chevy Silverado Transmission and Heater Problems Hi I just had a rebuild transmission put in my 06 Chevy Silverado truck. It ran fine for a couple of day now it doesn't get any gears. ProTech: Well I would say you've got a pr...
- Warm Air From GMC Sierra Vents With A/C On A/c compressor kicks on when ac is turned on, but no cold air comes out of the vents. You can change which vents the air comes out of. The ac is fully charged. When heat is on it o...
- My 1999 Pontiac Grand Am Won't Start I'm having a problem with the charging system on my 1999 Pontiac Grand Am. New alternator. Fuses good fusible link good just won't charge. ProTech: Have you done a charging sys...
- 1994 Ford F-250 Engine Light and Idle Problem My 1994 Ford F-250 with a 5.8 Gas engine refuses to idle below 1500rpm. Is this a common problem in older engines and what might be causing the problem? I have a 15gpm hydraulic pu...
- 2001 Pontiac Bonneville cost to fix misfire I'm looking to buy this car and the people that are selling it said they replaced the spark plugs and found it may be the wires, causing it to miss fire, so the question is (1) ...
- Chevy Lumina Hard To Shift Gears I have a 1997 Chevy Lumina. Last couple days I was having trouble shifting into gear - park to neutal to drive. Very hard to pull. I took the car to several mechanics who said it w...