Yes, I have a problem on my 1998 Lincoln Towncar which has the TRAC light and ABS light on and sometimes the air bags won’t go up and I found an abs light cable ripped and we taped it back and the light was still on.
That might not be the only problem you have. The Traction light and ABS light can be due to any of the 4 wheels setting a code, or other issue with the electronics of the system. You’d really need to get the car scanned to see what trouble codes come up to know exactly what direction to go in.
I took it to get scanned and the code that came up was B1155.
That’s a body control code, not an ABS or Traction system code. You want to check for any codes that start with the letter ‘C’ for chassis. Such as a C0035 for example.
Then why are my TRAC light and ABS lights on?
Because you have a problem. Just because the B1155 is the only code you have does not mean there isn’t a problem. You need to get it checked out by a technician. If you’re using a cheap scanner to get the codes, it probably can’t do ABS and chassis systems. Get a professional to check for you.
Thanks for everything I’ll get it checked!
You’re welcome, have a nice night.
Hello I have a question. I have a 1998 Lincoln Towncar and the rear air bags sometimes stay down and go up but right now there staying down and now my car looks like a lowrider. What do i do to fix this?
There are a few things that can be causing your problem. The airbags can be leaking, and that’s why the car stays down now, or the air pump for the bags is not functional, or the control module for the system is not working. This really needs to be taken to a shop to be properly diagnosed. There are also level sensors that can be bad on either side of the car which will affect ride height.
The comressor works just fine but im not sure about everything else.
If you can hear the compressor running, but the car will not raise up, then you know you either have a leaking airbag, or bad level sensor.
Thanks for the help I’ll get it checked.
More Car Repair Questions:
- How to Get Replacement Car Keys Today's newer GM vehicles utilize a PassKey theft deterrent system. Also sometimes called 'plus key' because of the litt...
- 2005 Chevy Trailblazer Runs Rough at Idle With No Compression #1 cylinder in my 2005 Trailblazer has no compression. I applied air pressure and it sounded like the exhaust for no air...
- 1994 Pontiac Transport Van Starts Then Stalls I have a 1994 Pontiac Transport van it cranks up then dies right away there is a little light that comes on when it dies...
- 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Engine Light And Misfire Codes 2006 Chevy Trailblazer with 4200 engine and 50,00 miles. why a cylinder #4 and #6 leak? ProTech: What kind of leak? ...
- toyota 3sfe d4 petrol engine hardstart and backfiring problem 1. What could be the problem with my car, premio 1998 d4 petrol engine, I have to start for several tim...
- 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Test Drive Video And Review The new 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 gets a test drive video and review from the experts at Motor Trend. This incredible car m...