1998 Lincoln Towncar Trac and ABS Lights On
Yes, I have a problem on my 1998 Lincoln Towncar which has the TRAC light and ABS light on and sometimes the air bags won’t go up and I found an abs light cable ripped and we taped it back and the light was still on.
That might not be the only problem you have. The Traction light and ABS light can be due to any of the 4 wheels setting a code, or other issue with the electronics of the system. You’d really need to get the car scanned to see what trouble codes come up to know exactly what direction to go in.
I took it to get scanned and the code that came up was B1155.
That’s a body control code, not an ABS or Traction system code. You want to check for any codes that start with the letter ‘C’ for chassis. Such as a C0035 for example.
Then why are my TRAC light and ABS lights on?
Because you have a problem. Just because the B1155 is the only code you have does not mean there isn’t a problem. You need to get it checked out by a technician. If you’re using a cheap scanner to get the codes, it probably can’t do ABS and chassis systems. Get a professional to check for you.
Thanks for everything I’ll get it checked!
You’re welcome, have a nice night.
Hello I have a question. I have a 1998 Lincoln Towncar and the rear air bags sometimes stay down and go up but right now there staying down and now my car looks like a lowrider. What do i do to fix this?
There are a few things that can be causing your problem. The airbags can be leaking, and that’s why the car stays down now, or the air pump for the bags is not functional, or the control module for the system is not working. This really needs to be taken to a shop to be properly diagnosed. There are also level sensors that can be bad on either side of the car which will affect ride height.
The comressor works just fine but im not sure about everything else.
If you can hear the compressor running, but the car will not raise up, then you know you either have a leaking airbag, or bad level sensor.
Thanks for the help I’ll get it checked.
More Car Repair Questions:
- Chevrolet Malibu Transmission Codes And Slipping Problems I have code dtc p1887 how do I fix it thanks. 2003 Chevy Malibu 3.1L. That code is for an problem inside the trans. The P1811 code is normally caused by a bad transmission press...
- 1993 Lexus At A Good Price- Is It Worth The Money? Hi, i’m looking buying a 1993 lexus ls400. It’s going to be my first car and it’s at a good price right now. Only problem is, it has 273,000 miles on it. Is this too much of a gamb...
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado Cranks But Will Not Start My 2001 Chevy will not start. I replaced the fuel filter and I can hear the fuel pump running. Could it still be the fuel pump? Mechanic JK: What model Chevrolet is this? Any w...
- Buick Lesabre Blower Motor Only Has High And Low Speeds 2000 Buick Lesabre. My blower has only been working on low and high for a while, nothing in between, and i do not have power to the resistor on any settings except low and high, bu...
- What Lube Goes In My Buick Roadmaster Rear End? What kind of lubricant does the 94 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon use in the non-slip differential? ProTech: It uses regular 80-90w gear oil in the rearend, but there is an addi...
- How To Replace Water Pump On 2000 Cadillac Sedan Deville I need help removing the water pump pulley on my 2000 Cadillac Sedan Deville. The pulley seems to have seized and damaged the pulley tensioner. Protech: Which engine do you hav...