Yes, I have a problem on my 1998 Lincoln Towncar which has the TRAC light and ABS light on and sometimes the air bags won’t go up and I found an abs light cable ripped and we taped it back and the light was still on.
That might not be the only problem you have. The Traction light and ABS light can be due to any of the 4 wheels setting a code, or other issue with the electronics of the system. You’d really need to get the car scanned to see what trouble codes come up to know exactly what direction to go in.
I took it to get scanned and the code that came up was B1155.
That’s a body control code, not an ABS or Traction system code. You want to check for any codes that start with the letter ‘C’ for chassis. Such as a C0035 for example.
Then why are my TRAC light and ABS lights on?
Because you have a problem. Just because the B1155 is the only code you have does not mean there isn’t a problem. You need to get it checked out by a technician. If you’re using a cheap scanner to get the codes, it probably can’t do ABS and chassis systems. Get a professional to check for you.
Thanks for everything I’ll get it checked!
You’re welcome, have a nice night.
Hello I have a question. I have a 1998 Lincoln Towncar and the rear air bags sometimes stay down and go up but right now there staying down and now my car looks like a lowrider. What do i do to fix this?
There are a few things that can be causing your problem. The airbags can be leaking, and that’s why the car stays down now, or the air pump for the bags is not functional, or the control module for the system is not working. This really needs to be taken to a shop to be properly diagnosed. There are also level sensors that can be bad on either side of the car which will affect ride height.
The comressor works just fine but im not sure about everything else.
If you can hear the compressor running, but the car will not raise up, then you know you either have a leaking airbag, or bad level sensor.
Thanks for the help I’ll get it checked.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 1998 Mazda 626 Failed Smog Test With Code P0455 I am having to fix a Mazda 626 1998 EVAP gross gas leak, can you help me? ProTech: I sure can try...what seems to be...
- 2002 Chevrolet Malibu Transmission Codes and Blower Speed Problem I had my 2002 Chevrolet Malibu serviced at non-Gm transmission shop which scanned the computer for codes. They found P07...
- 1997 Chevy S-10 Keeps Blowing Ignition Fuse Have a 1997 Chevy s10 p/u that keeps blowing #10 fuse. Key in on position its OK, but as soon as turn key to start it bl...
- GMC Sierra A/C Clutch | Chevy Malibu Blows Warm Air 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4.3 Vortec v-6. The clutch went out on my A/C unit. Do I have to replace the whole system or can I ...
- 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Test Drive Video And Review The new 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 gets a test drive video and review from the experts at Motor Trend. This incredible car m...
- How To Test 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Dead Battery Draw I have a Chevy Tahoe 2005 4x2 and something keeps pulling battery down. I was told to hook a test light to negative side...