Yes, I have a problem on my 1998 Lincoln Towncar which has the TRAC light and ABS light on and sometimes the air bags won’t go up and I found an abs light cable ripped and we taped it back and the light was still on.
That might not be the only problem you have. The Traction light and ABS light can be due to any of the 4 wheels setting a code, or other issue with the electronics of the system. You’d really need to get the car scanned to see what trouble codes come up to know exactly what direction to go in.
I took it to get scanned and the code that came up was B1155.
That’s a body control code, not an ABS or Traction system code. You want to check for any codes that start with the letter ‘C’ for chassis. Such as a C0035 for example.
Then why are my TRAC light and ABS lights on?
Because you have a problem. Just because the B1155 is the only code you have does not mean there isn’t a problem. You need to get it checked out by a technician. If you’re using a cheap scanner to get the codes, it probably can’t do ABS and chassis systems. Get a professional to check for you.
Thanks for everything I’ll get it checked!
You’re welcome, have a nice night.
Hello I have a question. I have a 1998 Lincoln Towncar and the rear air bags sometimes stay down and go up but right now there staying down and now my car looks like a lowrider. What do i do to fix this?
There are a few things that can be causing your problem. The airbags can be leaking, and that’s why the car stays down now, or the air pump for the bags is not functional, or the control module for the system is not working. This really needs to be taken to a shop to be properly diagnosed. There are also level sensors that can be bad on either side of the car which will affect ride height.
The comressor works just fine but im not sure about everything else.
If you can hear the compressor running, but the car will not raise up, then you know you either have a leaking airbag, or bad level sensor.
Thanks for the help I’ll get it checked.
More Car Repair Questions:
- Can I Replace The Fuel Sender Without Removing The Tank? How do I replace the Fuel Gauge Sensor in a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix? ProTech: You have to remove the gas tank and fuel pump assembly to replace the fuel level sensor. I can ...
- Car Repair Problems For Mechanics Car repairs can be tough on a mechanic. Auto repair on cars and trucks for a living can take it's toll on you. After years of sevicing all makes and models, my head is full of info...
- Ford F-150 Check Engine Light Codes- Dead Battery I have a 1999 Ford F150 V6 it give a check engine code saying a misfire on cylinder 6 but it doesn't do it all the time. When code is cleared it runs great for weeks but then start...
- 1998 Pontiac Bonneville Security Light Flashing 1998 Pontiac Bonneville just started not starting(no starter action) one time and then starting later. My security light flashing for 2-3 seconds and then goes out--so i don't thin...
- 2003 Buick Century Belt Noise After Replacement Last week I had the serpentine belt replaced in my 2003 Century, V-6 3.1, and soon after that it started to squeal loudly when car is started. The squealing stopped shortly after r...
- My Dodge Is Knocking - Intrepid Transmission Problem - Neon Smokes Dodge Engine Knocking Live Chat: I need help on a 318 that started knocking, then I shut it. Off then pulled the plugs added some Marlves let it sit for a few days and now can...