1998 Lincoln Towncar Trac and ABS Lights On
Yes, I have a problem on my 1998 Lincoln Towncar which has the TRAC light and ABS light on and sometimes the air bags won’t go up and I found an abs light cable ripped and we taped it back and the light was still on.
That might not be the only problem you have. The Traction light and ABS light can be due to any of the 4 wheels setting a code, or other issue with the electronics of the system. You’d really need to get the car scanned to see what trouble codes come up to know exactly what direction to go in.
I took it to get scanned and the code that came up was B1155.
That’s a body control code, not an ABS or Traction system code. You want to check for any codes that start with the letter ‘C’ for chassis. Such as a C0035 for example.
Then why are my TRAC light and ABS lights on?
Because you have a problem. Just because the B1155 is the only code you have does not mean there isn’t a problem. You need to get it checked out by a technician. If you’re using a cheap scanner to get the codes, it probably can’t do ABS and chassis systems. Get a professional to check for you.
Thanks for everything I’ll get it checked!
You’re welcome, have a nice night.
Hello I have a question. I have a 1998 Lincoln Towncar and the rear air bags sometimes stay down and go up but right now there staying down and now my car looks like a lowrider. What do i do to fix this?
There are a few things that can be causing your problem. The airbags can be leaking, and that’s why the car stays down now, or the air pump for the bags is not functional, or the control module for the system is not working. This really needs to be taken to a shop to be properly diagnosed. There are also level sensors that can be bad on either side of the car which will affect ride height.
The comressor works just fine but im not sure about everything else.
If you can hear the compressor running, but the car will not raise up, then you know you either have a leaking airbag, or bad level sensor.
Thanks for the help I’ll get it checked.
More Car Repair Questions:
- Extended Automotive Car Repair Warranty Explained Let's talk a little bit about warranties. Everything from your factory warranty to extended warranties. New cars, used cars, and just about any car these days has some form of warr...
- Engine Has No Oil Pressure To Lifters Or Rocker Arms I am having problems with a 2009 Chevy GMC 8.1 engine. The rocker system is not oiling. What causes this and how can I fix it? Do you have an oil pressure gauge on the dash? ...
- 1999 Chevrolet Malibu Check Engine Light Flashing And BCM Replacement I have a Chevy Malibu 1999, my ignition coil is misfiring I am pretty sure because it rained pretty hard last night. My check engine light will flash and my car will start chugging...
- 2003 Buick Lesabre Heated Seat Problem I have a 2003 Buick Le Sabre LE and have a unserviceable heated seat on the driver's side. The dealer has analyzed it no results said they needed to remove the seat for further che...
- Vehicle Emissions System Problems And Repairs Based on the amount of repairs we do on emission components on just about every type of vehicle, I thought I would write an article talking more about the parts and workings of the...
- Location of Coolant Bypass on Chevrolet Impala 3800 Were is the bypass hose on a 3800 V6. ProTech: Are you referring to the coolant bypass hose? Yes The 3800 does not really have a bypass hose. It is a small plastic 90 deg...