My 2004 Nissan Maxima sounds like it has a rolling water noise when I take off! What can this be?
You may be a bit low on coolant due to a leak or evaporation. That lets the air in the system cause gaps that the coolant rushes through on turns or acceleration. Usually you hear it inside the car, because you’re hearing the coolant flow through the heater core. I would suggest checking the coolant level first of all.
Thank you! Another question. I have a loud roar from the rear of the car! It starts at about 35-40 mph. What could this be?
No problem. Usually that type of noise is one of two things, either tire noise or a bad wheel bearing.
Should I hear a noise if it was a bad bearing other than the roar?
Usually it’s just a roar type noise or growling noise.
I only hear a roar. No growling! Tires are fairly new. Not even a year old. Capital tire brand.
Well I would recommend getting the hub bearings checked out then, if you’re sure the tires are ok.
Ok. Thank you.
Your Welcome. Come visit us again !
Nissan diesel MK6 truck.
There is a slight knocking sound that is occurring from 50mph, so only at high speeds. Yesterday a mechanic and myself took it out for a run on to show him the sound, he engaged the clutch at speed and the knocking sound still remains when the engine was coasting and idling. It was initially thought to be something rotational i.e the tail shaft however it is believed to be in good working order. Please assist.
Unfortunately sounds are pretty hard to diagnose over the Internet since I can’t actually hear the problem. I would suggest trying to at least locate the problem a bit more such as engine area or trans/drivetrain area, and I might be able to give some ideas on what to look for. Other than that, I can’t really help you.
It is most likely to be trans drive train area, sound is towards the rear of your sitting position.
Something like that could be a u-joint problem, or bad drive shaft. It could also be elsewhere and just transferring through the body or frame. It could be in the rear end as well. Something like that you really need a person to listen to as you drive it.
I understand. will keep those points in mind. thanks for your help.
You are welcome, good luck!
2008 Nissan Rogue
ONE dash vent not blowing on passenger side, defroster and floor vent work….help!
Do all the other dash vents work OK?
Yes all others are working fine.
If all the other vents are functioning properly, then you have a problem with just that one vent. You could have had the air duct that feeds that vent come off or get dislodged, or the vent itself is broken and not letting any airflow past it. This would require some taking apart of the dashboard and related trim/accessories to access the proper area to see if it’s a duct work problem or the like.
ProTech, I was afraid you’d say that!! Thank you for the help, looks like I’m dismantling my dash in the morning.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2004 Toyota Tundra Loosing Battery Power and Gauges Yes, hi I was driving and radio went off, dashboard dimmed, gauges all fell, speedometer when u...
- 2009 Chevy Impala Engine Light And Reduced Power 2009 Chevrolet Impala won't seem to have any pick up says reduced engine power on dash. Have...
- 1995 Ford Escort Fan Stays On and Kills Battery I HAVE A 1995 FORD ESCORT, JUST HAD THE TIMING BELT AND WATER PUMP REPLACED, WITH 2 NEW HOSES A...
- Where Is The Oil Pressure Switch On 1997 Pontiac Grand AM 1997 Pontiac Grand Am V6 - where is the oil pressure switch and do we need to drain the oil fir...
- 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Seconday Air Injection Code My 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix's check engine light came on and the mechanic replaced the air pump....
- Pontiac Brake Fluid Leak Repair And Diagnosis We bought a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with 81,000 miles on it less than a week ago. The brakes...
- 1996 Buick Riviera 3.8L Hesitation and Engine Light I have a 1996 Buick Riviera Supercharged/3.8L V6. Engine hesitates around 1800 RPM'S & then...