My 2004 Nissan Maxima sounds like it has a rolling water noise when I take off! What can this be?
You may be a bit low on coolant due to a leak or evaporation. That lets the air in the system cause gaps that the coolant rushes through on turns or acceleration. Usually you hear it inside the car, because you’re hearing the coolant flow through the heater core. I would suggest checking the coolant level first of all.
Thank you! Another question. I have a loud roar from the rear of the car! It starts at about 35-40 mph. What could this be?
No problem. Usually that type of noise is one of two things, either tire noise or a bad wheel bearing.
Should I hear a noise if it was a bad bearing other than the roar?
Usually it’s just a roar type noise or growling noise.
I only hear a roar. No growling! Tires are fairly new. Not even a year old. Capital tire brand.
Well I would recommend getting the hub bearings checked out then, if you’re sure the tires are ok.
Ok. Thank you.
Your Welcome. Come visit us again !
Nissan diesel MK6 truck.
There is a slight knocking sound that is occurring from 50mph, so only at high speeds. Yesterday a mechanic and myself took it out for a run on to show him the sound, he engaged the clutch at speed and the knocking sound still remains when the engine was coasting and idling. It was initially thought to be something rotational i.e the tail shaft however it is believed to be in good working order. Please assist.
Unfortunately sounds are pretty hard to diagnose over the Internet since I can’t actually hear the problem. I would suggest trying to at least locate the problem a bit more such as engine area or trans/drivetrain area, and I might be able to give some ideas on what to look for. Other than that, I can’t really help you.
It is most likely to be trans drive train area, sound is towards the rear of your sitting position.
Something like that could be a u-joint problem, or bad drive shaft. It could also be elsewhere and just transferring through the body or frame. It could be in the rear end as well. Something like that you really need a person to listen to as you drive it.
I understand. will keep those points in mind. thanks for your help.
You are welcome, good luck!
2008 Nissan Rogue
ONE dash vent not blowing on passenger side, defroster and floor vent work….help!
Do all the other dash vents work OK?
Yes all others are working fine.
If all the other vents are functioning properly, then you have a problem with just that one vent. You could have had the air duct that feeds that vent come off or get dislodged, or the vent itself is broken and not letting any airflow past it. This would require some taking apart of the dashboard and related trim/accessories to access the proper area to see if it’s a duct work problem or the like.
ProTech, I was afraid you’d say that!! Thank you for the help, looks like I’m dismantling my dash in the morning.
More Car Repair Questions:
- Chevy Impala Head lights not working My 2002 Chevy Impala 3.8 Liter LS’s headlights do not work anymore. I have after market fog lights and those are what I ...
- 1999 Buick Park Avenue Stalls In Park and Turning I have a 1999 Buick Park Avenue that stalls while decelerating and the gauges go crazy also sitting in park stalls and w...
- Reduced Engine Power Warning And Check Engine Light The reduced engine power warning message can come on your car or truck. Today's vehicles are for the most part completel...
- 2000 Chevy Cavalier Gauges Don't Work Have a 2000 Chevy Cavalier. The factor stereo got stolen and now the gauges don't work, such as speedomoter, tac, gas, a...
- 2001 Oldsmobile Bravada Is Hard To Start I have a 2001 Olds Bravada and have a hard time getting it started. What I usually have to do is turn the key on an off ...
- 2003 Dodge Door Locks And Engine Bearing Problem I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 and just recently the door ajar light comes on and the door locks try to lock on accelerati...