2004 Nissan Maxima Rolling Noise When Driving
My 2004 Nissan Maxima sounds like it has a rolling water noise when I take off! What can this be?
You may be a bit low on coolant due to a leak or evaporation. That lets the air in the system cause gaps that the coolant rushes through on turns or acceleration. Usually you hear it inside the car, because you’re hearing the coolant flow through the heater core. I would suggest checking the coolant level first of all.
Thank you! Another question. I have a loud roar from the rear of the car! It starts at about 35-40 mph. What could this be?
No problem. Usually that type of noise is one of two things, either tire noise or a bad wheel bearing.
Should I hear a noise if it was a bad bearing other than the roar?
Usually it’s just a roar type noise or growling noise.
I only hear a roar. No growling! Tires are fairly new. Not even a year old. Capital tire brand.
Well I would recommend getting the hub bearings checked out then, if you’re sure the tires are ok.
Ok. Thank you.
Your Welcome. Come visit us again !
Nissan diesel MK6 truck.
There is a slight knocking sound that is occurring from 50mph, so only at high speeds. Yesterday a mechanic and myself took it out for a run on to show him the sound, he engaged the clutch at speed and the knocking sound still remains when the engine was coasting and idling. It was initially thought to be something rotational i.e the tail shaft however it is believed to be in good working order. Please assist.
Unfortunately sounds are pretty hard to diagnose over the Internet since I can’t actually hear the problem. I would suggest trying to at least locate the problem a bit more such as engine area or trans/drivetrain area, and I might be able to give some ideas on what to look for. Other than that, I can’t really help you.
It is most likely to be trans drive train area, sound is towards the rear of your sitting position.
Something like that could be a u-joint problem, or bad drive shaft. It could also be elsewhere and just transferring through the body or frame. It could be in the rear end as well. Something like that you really need a person to listen to as you drive it.
I understand. will keep those points in mind. thanks for your help.
You are welcome, good luck!
2008 Nissan Rogue
ONE dash vent not blowing on passenger side, defroster and floor vent work….help!
Do all the other dash vents work OK?
Yes all others are working fine.
If all the other vents are functioning properly, then you have a problem with just that one vent. You could have had the air duct that feeds that vent come off or get dislodged, or the vent itself is broken and not letting any airflow past it. This would require some taking apart of the dashboard and related trim/accessories to access the proper area to see if it’s a duct work problem or the like.
ProTech, I was afraid you’d say that!! Thank you for the help, looks like I’m dismantling my dash in the morning.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 1999 Chevrolet Malibu Check Engine Light Flashing And BCM Replacement I have a Chevy Malibu 1999, my ignition coil is misfiring I am pretty sure because it rained pretty hard last night. My check engine light will flash and my car will start chugging...
- Do I Need New Brakes On My Car? This article might be a bit related to the rant and raves article I posted a while back. I'm writing this after working yesterday and having to deal with probably one of the most a...
- Cost To Replace Buick 3800 Crank Position Sensor Hello? I have 2001 Buick LeSabre. I want to replace the crankshaft position sensor. Do you know how much does it cost in terms of labor? ProTech: Which engine do you have in yo...
- 1995 Honda Prelude Will Not Start Hi I have a 1995 Honda Prelude. About a few days ago I started having problems with my rear brake lights. They would not turn off, so I took it in to a repair shop and they replace...
- Chevrolet Malibu Stalling Problems My 2000 Chevrolet Malibu has been having problems starting and stalling since I got it about a month ago. We replaced the crankshaft sensor (one of them, at least, the one under th...
- Chevy Blazer Heater, Gauges and 4WD Drive Problems Chevy Blazer. My heat won’t work but nothing’s leaking can u please help me. With the heat not working, I'll have to assume you mean it just blows cold instead of not blowing at...