Is it on a 3400 engine?
3100 V6 engine.
OK. Just just about the same engine. The cam position sensor is located behind and below the power steering pump. Just look down between the pump and the upper intake plenum ans you will see it. There is a small wiring harness that goes down to it.
ok hold on.
I think i found it….this isn’t going to be that easy is it?
So to make sure i am correct the part that slides in not clips in is below the power steering pump and the rest comes up behind it correct? and the part that slides in has a 3/8 bolt..right?
The cam sensor is bolted down with a 10 mm bolt on the 3100 engine. Is slides straight down into the engine block behind the power steering pump. The pump needs to be removed.
I am a 34 year old woman who has worked on cars off and on with my dad for years but he had a massive heart attack at the end of June and so he can’t help work on my car now. so i am going at this alone as my husband knows nothing about cars.
If you are going to try it yourself, i can give you some pointers.
So i appreciate all your help and i guess i am off to work into this 3100 V6 to see what i can do.
Yes please do.
Remove and Replace
To replace the camshaft position sensor, first remove the belt. There are 3 holes in the pump pulley, They will line up with the 3 13 mm bolts that hold the pump down. Remove those with a 13mm socket, preferably deepwell socket. The line for the pump will prevent the pump from being moved to much, so you also need to remove the bolts that hold the lines down. It is behind the alternator. Kind of tough to get to. Then the pump can be pried up out of the way to get to the sensor. The alternative is to remove the w lines on the pump then pry it up, but you will then have to bleed the power steering system as you will lose fluid.
Awe snap…ok. off to work on this i go…hope you have a great weekend and thank you for the help!!!
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2005 Chevy Equinox Blower Motor Speed Problems 2005 Chevrolet Equinox, starts up but when I put it in gear, it is in overdrive. Turn it off then restart it, it works f...
- Check Engine and Battery Light on My 2004 Chevrolet Malibu I have a 2004 Chevy Malibu with a lot of problems, first off last year in November it jumped time and i made the repairs...
- Chevy Malibu Temperature Gauge And Code P0171 Lean Problems I have recently received a 2001 chevy malibu as a gift from my parents and randomly now the temperature gauge will shoot...
- Chevrolet Volt Review From a Dealer Mechanic So, a day or two ago we got our first Chevrolet Volt electric car at the dealership. With it, came much attention from e...
- 2003 Buick Lesabre Heated Seat Problem I have a 2003 Buick Le Sabre LE and have a unserviceable heated seat on the driver's side. The dealer has analyzed it no...
- 2003 Buick Century ABS and Low Trac Lights On Dash I have a 2003 Buick Century and there are several warning lights that come on at different times when I am driving. the ...