Location And Replacing 3.1L Cam Position Sensor
Is it on a 3400 engine?
3100 V6 engine.
OK. Just just about the same engine. The cam position sensor is located behind and below the power steering pump. Just look down between the pump and the upper intake plenum ans you will see it. There is a small wiring harness that goes down to it.
ok hold on.
I think i found it….this isn’t going to be that easy is it?
So to make sure i am correct the part that slides in not clips in is below the power steering pump and the rest comes up behind it correct? and the part that slides in has a 3/8 bolt..right?
The cam sensor is bolted down with a 10 mm bolt on the 3100 engine. Is slides straight down into the engine block behind the power steering pump. The pump needs to be removed.
I am a 34 year old woman who has worked on cars off and on with my dad for years but he had a massive heart attack at the end of June and so he can’t help work on my car now. so i am going at this alone as my husband knows nothing about cars.
If you are going to try it yourself, i can give you some pointers.
So i appreciate all your help and i guess i am off to work into this 3100 V6 to see what i can do.
Yes please do.
Remove and Replace
To replace the camshaft position sensor, first remove the belt. There are 3 holes in the pump pulley, They will line up with the 3 13 mm bolts that hold the pump down. Remove those with a 13mm socket, preferably deepwell socket. The line for the pump will prevent the pump from being moved to much, so you also need to remove the bolts that hold the lines down. It is behind the alternator. Kind of tough to get to. Then the pump can be pried up out of the way to get to the sensor. The alternative is to remove the w lines on the pump then pry it up, but you will then have to bleed the power steering system as you will lose fluid.
Awe snap…ok. off to work on this i go…hope you have a great weekend and thank you for the help!!!
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2003 GMC Yukon Dash Gauges Not Working- Recall My 2003 Yukon XL (Suburban) with 5.3 motor and 70k miles has no power to any of dash gauges. The truck runs and operates fine, but the radio, heater controls and dash lights work f...
- Buick Engine Idling Very High After Jump Start I have a 1995 Buick Century special (sedan). the newer v6, 3.1. I just replaced the whole wiring engine harness due to a small electrical fire from some stupid people that tried to...
- 1998 Buick Regal Blowing Smoke And Knocking I have a 1998 Buick Regal and it has a knock coming from the engine and dies when driving. Also it starts up very rough and won't go past 4000 RPM's. Possible timing issue? It b...
- 1995 Buick Stalled and Won't Start After Replacing Intake Manifold Hi ,I'm new to the world of fuel injection and sensors such as a knock sensor. I have a 1995 Buick Century with a 3.4L Pontiac engine. I used the 3.1L intake manifold system and ha...
- 1997 Pontiac Sunfire Ignition Switch Recall The wire running from positive post of battery to solenoid burned up tonight causing lights, engine, etc to just shut down while I was driving leaving a hot electrical smell on my ...
- 1996 Buick Riviera 3.8L Hesitation and Engine Light I have a 1996 Buick Riviera Supercharged/3.8L V6. Engine hesitates around 1800 RPM'S & then accelerates fine. I have replaced the following: Fuel Pressure Regulator, air filter...