Location And Replacing 3.1L Cam Position Sensor
Is it on a 3400 engine?
3100 V6 engine.
OK. Just just about the same engine. The cam position sensor is located behind and below the power steering pump. Just look down between the pump and the upper intake plenum ans you will see it. There is a small wiring harness that goes down to it.
ok hold on.
I think i found it….this isn’t going to be that easy is it?
So to make sure i am correct the part that slides in not clips in is below the power steering pump and the rest comes up behind it correct? and the part that slides in has a 3/8 bolt..right?
The cam sensor is bolted down with a 10 mm bolt on the 3100 engine. Is slides straight down into the engine block behind the power steering pump. The pump needs to be removed.
I am a 34 year old woman who has worked on cars off and on with my dad for years but he had a massive heart attack at the end of June and so he can’t help work on my car now. so i am going at this alone as my husband knows nothing about cars.
If you are going to try it yourself, i can give you some pointers.
So i appreciate all your help and i guess i am off to work into this 3100 V6 to see what i can do.
Yes please do.
Remove and Replace
To replace the camshaft position sensor, first remove the belt. There are 3 holes in the pump pulley, They will line up with the 3 13 mm bolts that hold the pump down. Remove those with a 13mm socket, preferably deepwell socket. The line for the pump will prevent the pump from being moved to much, so you also need to remove the bolts that hold the lines down. It is behind the alternator. Kind of tough to get to. Then the pump can be pried up out of the way to get to the sensor. The alternative is to remove the w lines on the pump then pry it up, but you will then have to bleed the power steering system as you will lose fluid.
Awe snap…ok. off to work on this i go…hope you have a great weekend and thank you for the help!!!
More Car Repair Questions:
- 1995 Chevrolet Camaro Has No Spark at Plugs I have a 1995 Camaro 3.4 litre, will not start and has no spark....ran 2minutes this morning and just shut off. Still would not start after 2 hours. Getting gas. Coil packs and cam...
- ABS And Traction Control Lights On Where can i get my cars PCM scanned. What year and model vehicle? 1999 Lincoln towncar. Most of the large national parts store chains will do that for free. oh tanks ,s...
- Is This A 1949 Oldsmobile? Hi, I have a question. We have a few pictures of a ’'supposedly’’ 1949 Oldsmobile. We aren’t convinced that it’s a ’49. Could we send you a few pictures, and you could possibly con...
- Jaguar XJ6 Six Cylinder Won't Start I have a Jaguar xj6 that won't start. It is a 6 cylinder with fuel injection. I think that it has a problem with the module. The same module is used in a 78 Chevrolet. What is the ...
- 2001 GMC Safari Coolant Leak and Rough Idle Hello. My son has a 2001 GMC Safari with a 4.3 engine. He complained of a "rough idle" along with a coolant leak. Not knowing what the rough idle might be, I suggested he bring a n...
- 2004 Chevy Malibu Thermostat - Transmission Problems I changed my transmission fluids out on a 2004 Chevy Malibu and the pan keeps on leaking and I put sealer on the rubber tabs but it would not stop. ProTech: Do NOT use any seal...