Location And Replacing 3.1L Cam Position Sensor
Is it on a 3400 engine?
3100 V6 engine.
OK. Just just about the same engine. The cam position sensor is located behind and below the power steering pump. Just look down between the pump and the upper intake plenum ans you will see it. There is a small wiring harness that goes down to it.
ok hold on.
I think i found it….this isn’t going to be that easy is it?
So to make sure i am correct the part that slides in not clips in is below the power steering pump and the rest comes up behind it correct? and the part that slides in has a 3/8 bolt..right?
The cam sensor is bolted down with a 10 mm bolt on the 3100 engine. Is slides straight down into the engine block behind the power steering pump. The pump needs to be removed.
I am a 34 year old woman who has worked on cars off and on with my dad for years but he had a massive heart attack at the end of June and so he can’t help work on my car now. so i am going at this alone as my husband knows nothing about cars.
If you are going to try it yourself, i can give you some pointers.
So i appreciate all your help and i guess i am off to work into this 3100 V6 to see what i can do.
Yes please do.
Remove and Replace
To replace the camshaft position sensor, first remove the belt. There are 3 holes in the pump pulley, They will line up with the 3 13 mm bolts that hold the pump down. Remove those with a 13mm socket, preferably deepwell socket. The line for the pump will prevent the pump from being moved to much, so you also need to remove the bolts that hold the lines down. It is behind the alternator. Kind of tough to get to. Then the pump can be pried up out of the way to get to the sensor. The alternative is to remove the w lines on the pump then pry it up, but you will then have to bleed the power steering system as you will lose fluid.
Awe snap…ok. off to work on this i go…hope you have a great weekend and thank you for the help!!!
More Car Repair Questions:
- Buick Lesabre Blower Motor Only Has High And Low Speeds 2000 Buick Lesabre. My blower has only been working on low and high for a while, nothing in between, and i do not have power to the resistor on any settings except low and high, bu...
- Chevrolet Volt Review From a Dealer Mechanic So, a day or two ago we got our first Chevrolet Volt electric car at the dealership. With it, came much attention from everyone at the dealership, as well as some enthusiastic cust...
- Chevrolet Camaro Engine Light And Lean Codes So, today I had an older model Camaro, 2001, high mileage, and not very well maintained. It came in with the check engine light on, and had codes stored for the fuel trim being le...
- 2000 Chevy Venture Van Doors Won't Unlock I have 2000 Venture LS with 3400. I am starting to have problems with both rear doors (1 powered and 1 not), the doors will not unlock even manually. Locks seem to be jammed. Then ...
- 2002 Chevy Impala ABS and Traction System I keep getting the Service Traction System light on my 2002 Chevrolet Impala and when that light comes on so does the ABS light. And naturally the light that says Traction System i...
- How To Remove Chevy Venture Transmission and Spark Plugs I have a 2002 Chevy Venture AWD and I'm trying to separate the bell housing from the engine while the engine is in the vehicle. It has moved about 1/2" and will not budge any farth...