Is it on a 3400 engine?
3100 V6 engine.
OK. Just just about the same engine. The cam position sensor is located behind and below the power steering pump. Just look down between the pump and the upper intake plenum ans you will see it. There is a small wiring harness that goes down to it.
ok hold on.
I think i found it….this isn’t going to be that easy is it?
So to make sure i am correct the part that slides in not clips in is below the power steering pump and the rest comes up behind it correct? and the part that slides in has a 3/8 bolt..right?
The cam sensor is bolted down with a 10 mm bolt on the 3100 engine. Is slides straight down into the engine block behind the power steering pump. The pump needs to be removed.
I am a 34 year old woman who has worked on cars off and on with my dad for years but he had a massive heart attack at the end of June and so he can’t help work on my car now. so i am going at this alone as my husband knows nothing about cars.
If you are going to try it yourself, i can give you some pointers.
So i appreciate all your help and i guess i am off to work into this 3100 V6 to see what i can do.
Yes please do.
Remove and Replace
To replace the camshaft position sensor, first remove the belt. There are 3 holes in the pump pulley, They will line up with the 3 13 mm bolts that hold the pump down. Remove those with a 13mm socket, preferably deepwell socket. The line for the pump will prevent the pump from being moved to much, so you also need to remove the bolts that hold the lines down. It is behind the alternator. Kind of tough to get to. Then the pump can be pried up out of the way to get to the sensor. The alternative is to remove the w lines on the pump then pry it up, but you will then have to bleed the power steering system as you will lose fluid.
Awe snap…ok. off to work on this i go…hope you have a great weekend and thank you for the help!!!
More Car Repair Questions:
- Buick Lesabre Stalls Out And Check Engine Light 1995 Buick Lesabre-check engine light would come on; car would die in traffic; and car would buck or lung while in drive...
- Replace 2000 Chevy Impala Serpentine Belt Having trouble replacing the serpentine belt on my 2000 Chevrolet Impala 3.4L. I've got the right belt, I understand the...
- 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Test Drive Video And Review The new 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 gets a test drive video and review from the experts at Motor Trend. This incredible car m...
- 1989 Buick regal 3.1 won't start when engine warms up 1989 Buick regal 3.1 Car runs fine for 10 minutes. If you shut it off it won’t restart but it will turn over. It has spa...
- 2005 GMC Envoy Check Engine Light Code P0410 Hi , i have a 2005 GMC Envoy with the code P0410 Straight six Cylinder with a check engine light. Mechanic_JK First ...
- 1996 GMC Sierra Heat Defroster Controls Not Working Live Chat I have a 1996 GMC 3500 Sierra 7.4 Litre. Battery cable came loose, arced and blew fuses. Replaced fuses and...