Is it on a 3400 engine?
3100 V6 engine.
OK. Just just about the same engine. The cam position sensor is located behind and below the power steering pump. Just look down between the pump and the upper intake plenum ans you will see it. There is a small wiring harness that goes down to it.
ok hold on.
I think i found it….this isn’t going to be that easy is it?
So to make sure i am correct the part that slides in not clips in is below the power steering pump and the rest comes up behind it correct? and the part that slides in has a 3/8 bolt..right?
The cam sensor is bolted down with a 10 mm bolt on the 3100 engine. Is slides straight down into the engine block behind the power steering pump. The pump needs to be removed.
I am a 34 year old woman who has worked on cars off and on with my dad for years but he had a massive heart attack at the end of June and so he can’t help work on my car now. so i am going at this alone as my husband knows nothing about cars.
If you are going to try it yourself, i can give you some pointers.
So i appreciate all your help and i guess i am off to work into this 3100 V6 to see what i can do.
Yes please do.
Remove and Replace
To replace the camshaft position sensor, first remove the belt. There are 3 holes in the pump pulley, They will line up with the 3 13 mm bolts that hold the pump down. Remove those with a 13mm socket, preferably deepwell socket. The line for the pump will prevent the pump from being moved to much, so you also need to remove the bolts that hold the lines down. It is behind the alternator. Kind of tough to get to. Then the pump can be pried up out of the way to get to the sensor. The alternative is to remove the w lines on the pump then pry it up, but you will then have to bleed the power steering system as you will lose fluid.
Awe snap…ok. off to work on this i go…hope you have a great weekend and thank you for the help!!!
More Car Repair Questions:
- Check Engine Light P0102- Replaced MAF And Other Sensors To Whom It May Concern: I have replaced the following parts:In reference to the P0102 code 1) Plugs and Wires (AC Delc...
- 2004 Chevrolet Suburban Service Stability Light Wondering if you knew what the code co455 for a 2004 Suburban. Protech: That code is for the steering wheel position...
- 2007 Grand Prix Headlights Keep Going Out I have a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix and my headlights keep going out. Mechanic JK Both sides at the same time? Do you m...
- Pontiac Grand Prix Knocking Noise- Will Not Crank Over Yes, I have a 2005 Grand Prix and every time it shifts it makes a slight knocking noise. Shifts sorry. That's OK, som...
- Warm Air From GMC Sierra Vents With A/C On A/c compressor kicks on when ac is turned on, but no cold air comes out of the vents. You can change which vents the air...
- 2003 Buick Century Belt Noise After Replacement Last week I had the serpentine belt replaced in my 2003 Century, V-6 3.1, and soon after that it started to squeal loudl...