Is it on a 3400 engine?
3100 V6 engine.
OK. Just just about the same engine. The cam position sensor is located behind and below the power steering pump. Just look down between the pump and the upper intake plenum ans you will see it. There is a small wiring harness that goes down to it.
ok hold on.
I think i found it….this isn’t going to be that easy is it?
So to make sure i am correct the part that slides in not clips in is below the power steering pump and the rest comes up behind it correct? and the part that slides in has a 3/8 bolt..right?
The cam sensor is bolted down with a 10 mm bolt on the 3100 engine. Is slides straight down into the engine block behind the power steering pump. The pump needs to be removed.
I am a 34 year old woman who has worked on cars off and on with my dad for years but he had a massive heart attack at the end of June and so he can’t help work on my car now. so i am going at this alone as my husband knows nothing about cars.
If you are going to try it yourself, i can give you some pointers.
So i appreciate all your help and i guess i am off to work into this 3100 V6 to see what i can do.
Yes please do.
Remove and Replace
To replace the camshaft position sensor, first remove the belt. There are 3 holes in the pump pulley, They will line up with the 3 13 mm bolts that hold the pump down. Remove those with a 13mm socket, preferably deepwell socket. The line for the pump will prevent the pump from being moved to much, so you also need to remove the bolts that hold the lines down. It is behind the alternator. Kind of tough to get to. Then the pump can be pried up out of the way to get to the sensor. The alternative is to remove the w lines on the pump then pry it up, but you will then have to bleed the power steering system as you will lose fluid.
Awe snap…ok. off to work on this i go…hope you have a great weekend and thank you for the help!!!
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2000 Dodge Stratus Jolting At Low Speeds Hello! I own a 2000 Dodge Stratus. Last week I noticed that when I accelerated and decelerated at low speeds my car woul...
- 1999 Chevrolet Blazer Misfire Cylinder Number 2 Hello, I have a 1999 Chevy Blazer 4x4, 4.3l Vortec v6. Truck starts, and idle & rev are great til about 2500 rpm. Ho...
- 2000 Oldsmobile Intrique Won't Crank When I Turn The Key Live Chat My 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue does nothing once I turn the key!? ProTech: Is the battery dead? No new bat...
- Ford F-150 Check Engine Light Codes- Dead Battery I have a 1999 Ford F150 V6 it give a check engine code saying a misfire on cylinder 6 but it doesn't do it all the time....
- 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Check Engine Light I recently replaced my EGR valve because the check engine light code came up on my car, along with that I also had to re...
- Reviews Of New Buick Cars and SUV's Read reviews of the Latest Buick new car models. Experts take test drives and give you the information you are looking for.