Which engine do you have in your Buick?
V6 3800. It seems it has two CKP sensors, 7x and 24x. I am guessing the 24x is bad.
There is only one crank sensor. It produces two different signals. It is located behind the harmonic balancer. It has to be removed to install a new sensor. At a dealership you are looking around 2 hours of labor at what ever rate they charge. For an example, at my dealership it would cost you about $250 just in labor.
So the labor for this replacement is $125 per hour at your dealership?
Harmonic balancer = vibration balancer, is that right?
I’ve never heard it called a vibration balancer, but yes.
Thank you very much for your expert help !
1998 Buick Lesabre
Is the intake air temperature sensor located on the intake tube of a 1998 Buick Lesabre?
What engine do you have in your Buick?
3.8L Series 2.
Thank you for that information. The intake air temperature sensor on your car is part of the Mass Airflow Sensor that is bolted in right before the throttle body in the intake path. You would have to change the entire part even if you just need the intake air temp sensor.
Thanks for the info.
Can a 1993 buick lasabre run with out a thermostat and if so for how long?
Yes, you can run the engine without a thermostat, but i would not advise. it. Depending on the temperatures, this can atually cause the engine to overheat. And, when the weather turns cold, you will not have any heat in the car. It the engine is getting too hot, and this is the reason for your question, you need to get the problem fixed, not just try to remedy by taking out the thermostat.
More Car Repair Questions:
- 2004 Chevrolet Suburban Service Stability Light Wondering if you knew what the code co455 for a 2004 Suburban. Protech: That code is for the steering wheel position...
- 2003 Buick Lesabre Misfire and Engine Light I have a 2003 Buick Lesabre 3.8L, I am getting a code P0300 and P0302 code from Autozone. I have changed out the spark p...
- Cheap Gasoline Quality and High Prices Here is something that is always in the news, and probably is talked about around the water cooler more and more lately,...
- 1999 Chevrolet Malibu Check Engine Light Flashing And BCM Replacement I have a Chevy Malibu 1999, my ignition coil is misfiring I am pretty sure because it rained pretty hard last night. My ...
- 3.1L and 3.4L Engine Push Rod Locations I dropped the box with the push rods. Now they are mixed. I know that they are different lengths. What is the order? Att...
- 2001 Oldsmobile Bravada Is Hard To Start I have a 2001 Olds Bravada and have a hard time getting it started. What I usually have to do is turn the key on an off ...