Which engine do you have in your Buick?
V6 3800. It seems it has two CKP sensors, 7x and 24x. I am guessing the 24x is bad.
There is only one crank sensor. It produces two different signals. It is located behind the harmonic balancer. It has to be removed to install a new sensor. At a dealership you are looking around 2 hours of labor at what ever rate they charge. For an example, at my dealership it would cost you about $250 just in labor.
So the labor for this replacement is $125 per hour at your dealership?
Harmonic balancer = vibration balancer, is that right?
I’ve never heard it called a vibration balancer, but yes.
Thank you very much for your expert help !
1998 Buick Lesabre
Is the intake air temperature sensor located on the intake tube of a 1998 Buick Lesabre?
What engine do you have in your Buick?
3.8L Series 2.
Thank you for that information. The intake air temperature sensor on your car is part of the Mass Airflow Sensor that is bolted in right before the throttle body in the intake path. You would have to change the entire part even if you just need the intake air temp sensor.
Thanks for the info.
Can a 1993 buick lasabre run with out a thermostat and if so for how long?
Yes, you can run the engine without a thermostat, but i would not advise. it. Depending on the temperatures, this can atually cause the engine to overheat. And, when the weather turns cold, you will not have any heat in the car. It the engine is getting too hot, and this is the reason for your question, you need to get the problem fixed, not just try to remedy by taking out the thermostat.
More Car Repair Questions:
- Knock In 2002 Chevy Malibu Engine Why would a 2002 Chevrolet Malibu with a 3100 knock through the intake only when opening the throttle body. Protech: ...
- Check Engine Light P0102- Replaced MAF And Other Sensors To Whom It May Concern: I have replaced the following parts:In reference to the P0102 code 1) Plugs and Wires (AC Delc...
- 1999 Chevy Malibu Low Coolant Light Flickering I had just put in a brand new radiator on my 1999 Malibu, and the coolant low light will not turn off, the coolant shoul...
- 2001 Chevy Blazer 4WD Won't Disengage I have a 2001 Chevy blazer my 4 wheel drive wont disengage unless i put it in reverse and turn the wheel then back up. I...
- Where Is The Coolant Temp Sensor Located? Where is the Coolant temperature sensor located at on a 1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette? ProTech: It is located on the le...
- 1997 Pontiac Firebird Battery Dead After a Few Days 1997 Pontiac Firebird. I have a new battery but my car still will not start after it sits for a few days. It has been do...