Which engine do you have in your Buick?
V6 3800. It seems it has two CKP sensors, 7x and 24x. I am guessing the 24x is bad.
There is only one crank sensor. It produces two different signals. It is located behind the harmonic balancer. It has to be removed to install a new sensor. At a dealership you are looking around 2 hours of labor at what ever rate they charge. For an example, at my dealership it would cost you about $250 just in labor.
So the labor for this replacement is $125 per hour at your dealership?
Harmonic balancer = vibration balancer, is that right?
I’ve never heard it called a vibration balancer, but yes.
Thank you very much for your expert help !
1998 Buick Lesabre
Is the intake air temperature sensor located on the intake tube of a 1998 Buick Lesabre?
What engine do you have in your Buick?
3.8L Series 2.
Thank you for that information. The intake air temperature sensor on your car is part of the Mass Airflow Sensor that is bolted in right before the throttle body in the intake path. You would have to change the entire part even if you just need the intake air temp sensor.
Thanks for the info.
Can a 1993 buick lasabre run with out a thermostat and if so for how long?
Yes, you can run the engine without a thermostat, but i would not advise. it. Depending on the temperatures, this can atually cause the engine to overheat. And, when the weather turns cold, you will not have any heat in the car. It the engine is getting too hot, and this is the reason for your question, you need to get the problem fixed, not just try to remedy by taking out the thermostat.
More Car Repair Questions:
- My 2001 Chevy Malibu 3.1L Is Overheating I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu. Bought it new. Very low maintenance car so far. Now my heat will only work if driven down th...
- 1999 Chevrolet Malibu Check Engine Light Flashing And BCM Replacement I have a Chevy Malibu 1999, my ignition coil is misfiring I am pretty sure because it rained pretty hard last night. My ...
- Where Is The Oil Pressure Switch On 1997 Pontiac Grand AM 1997 Pontiac Grand Am V6 - where is the oil pressure switch and do we need to drain the oil first to replace? ProTech...
- Vehicle Emissions System Problems And Repairs Based on the amount of repairs we do on emission components on just about every type of vehicle, I thought I would write...
- Power Steering Fluid Contaminated With Engine Oil Ok ..so not all my buddies are all that hip on actual GUY stuff!! I check my fluids, pressure, heater hoses, tires…blah ...
- 1999 Chevy Malibu Low Coolant Light Flickering I had just put in a brand new radiator on my 1999 Malibu, and the coolant low light will not turn off, the coolant shoul...