Which engine do you have in your Buick?
V6 3800. It seems it has two CKP sensors, 7x and 24x. I am guessing the 24x is bad.
There is only one crank sensor. It produces two different signals. It is located behind the harmonic balancer. It has to be removed to install a new sensor. At a dealership you are looking around 2 hours of labor at what ever rate they charge. For an example, at my dealership it would cost you about $250 just in labor.
So the labor for this replacement is $125 per hour at your dealership?
Harmonic balancer = vibration balancer, is that right?
I’ve never heard it called a vibration balancer, but yes.
Thank you very much for your expert help !
1998 Buick Lesabre
Is the intake air temperature sensor located on the intake tube of a 1998 Buick Lesabre?
What engine do you have in your Buick?
3.8L Series 2.
Thank you for that information. The intake air temperature sensor on your car is part of the Mass Airflow Sensor that is bolted in right before the throttle body in the intake path. You would have to change the entire part even if you just need the intake air temp sensor.
Thanks for the info.
Can a 1993 buick lasabre run with out a thermostat and if so for how long?
Yes, you can run the engine without a thermostat, but i would not advise. it. Depending on the temperatures, this can atually cause the engine to overheat. And, when the weather turns cold, you will not have any heat in the car. It the engine is getting too hot, and this is the reason for your question, you need to get the problem fixed, not just try to remedy by taking out the thermostat.
More Car Repair Questions:
- Electric Power Steering - Problems And Repairs Many more of new cars and trucks today are using a new kind of power steering system. This system is all electric. That ...
- 1998 Mazda 626 Failed Smog Test With Code P0455 I am having to fix a Mazda 626 1998 EVAP gross gas leak, can you help me? ProTech: I sure can try...what seems to be...
- Mechanics Do Car Repair Side Jobs For Extra Money Every single mechanic out there does side work. Whether it be just for family or friends, or a whole list of clients, an...
- 1996 Toyota Corolla Has A Low Idle I have a 1996 Toyota Corolla 1600 cc which started to rev very low on start up to the point that it would cut out. A cod...
- 2002 Oldsmobile Alero Marker Lamps Stay On I need help with LED bulbs on my 2002 Oldsmobile Alero. ProTech: Yes, go ahead. What make and model vehicle do you h...
- How To Replace Pontiac Grand Prix Ignition Cylinder My 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix se ignition went out of it. The key has the chip in it. I cant lock my car anyhow. So wondere...