Which engine do you have in your Buick?
V6 3800. It seems it has two CKP sensors, 7x and 24x. I am guessing the 24x is bad.
There is only one crank sensor. It produces two different signals. It is located behind the harmonic balancer. It has to be removed to install a new sensor. At a dealership you are looking around 2 hours of labor at what ever rate they charge. For an example, at my dealership it would cost you about $250 just in labor.
So the labor for this replacement is $125 per hour at your dealership?
Harmonic balancer = vibration balancer, is that right?
I’ve never heard it called a vibration balancer, but yes.
Thank you very much for your expert help !
1998 Buick Lesabre
Is the intake air temperature sensor located on the intake tube of a 1998 Buick Lesabre?
What engine do you have in your Buick?
3.8L Series 2.
Thank you for that information. The intake air temperature sensor on your car is part of the Mass Airflow Sensor that is bolted in right before the throttle body in the intake path. You would have to change the entire part even if you just need the intake air temp sensor.
Thanks for the info.
Can a 1993 buick lasabre run with out a thermostat and if so for how long?
Yes, you can run the engine without a thermostat, but i would not advise. it. Depending on the temperatures, this can atually cause the engine to overheat. And, when the weather turns cold, you will not have any heat in the car. It the engine is getting too hot, and this is the reason for your question, you need to get the problem fixed, not just try to remedy by taking out the thermostat.
More Car Repair Questions:
- My 1999 Pontiac Grand Am Won't Start I'm having a problem with the charging system on my 1999 Pontiac Grand Am. New alternator. Fuses good fusible link good ...
- Location And Replacing 3.1L Cam Position Sensor Live Chat: I need to see where the camshaft sensor is located for my car as i am trying to replace it. I think i see it ...
- Can't Shift Into Gear on My 2000 Dodge Truck I have a 2000 Dodge 2500 Cummins Diesel and its been sitting for awhile. it got moved about thirty yards away but anyway...
- Where is The Thermostat on Chevrolet Trailblazer This article comes about by the seemingly mass confusion of where the thermostat is located on 2002 and up Chevrolet Tra...
- 2005 Chevy Trialblazer Transmission Not in Gear I have just replaced the engine in my 2005 Trailblazer. I can move the shifter lever but it will not go into gear. It cr...
- 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Trac Off and Engine Light Well my car is dead and it won't start. The Trac off light came on and the check engine light and the battery light and ...