2000 Blazer 4×4 stopped working

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi I’m Corey. I have a 2000 Chevy blazer 4 x 4. My 4×4 stopped working, the hub assemblies are fixed and the control module works fine but the 4×4 buttons on my dash don’t light up. I can’t afford fixing it. Can I manually put my 4 x 4 in 4HI this winter without replacing anything?

Kevin Pickel

Hi I have a 2006 yukon with a posi rear the rear axle seal on the left side was leaking so i did both sides with bearings and gm seals the problem Iam having it seems like the left side axle is going in to far and rubbing against the seal tearing it. to take the c clip out you have to pick it out The right side is fine any ideas

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by butchkaz.
      Debbie

I want to raise up my son’s 2004 Chevy 2WD pickup. Would it be better to have a 3″ lift kit installed or just go with leveling kit and blocks?

charles anthony

I have a 2005 chevy Silverado 2400 4wd pickup truck.It rides rough.Upon inspection I found the bottom out bumpers to be touching the front 4wd axle housing is this standard or did someone change the front end? It only has 40000 miles

charles anthony

Should the bottom out bumpers be touching the 4wd axle housing on a 2005 2400 Silverado?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I would recheck that transfer case control module, those are known to get water in them and go bad. Also, you may just need a switch which is relatively inexpensive.

There is NO acceptable way to manually put it in 4HI, as you would have to remove the encoder motor from the transfer case and manually shift the transfer case into 4HI. It would most likely default back to 2HI anyway even if you did that.

There is no way to hold it in 4WD without the system actually working properly.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.