Oldsmobile Aurora Stalls And Lights Quit

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m having kind of the same problem with my 2001 Oldsmobile aurora, it would stall on me a lot at red lights and recently it stalled on me at a red light and i went to start it but it wouldn’t do anything my headlights, cd player, and interior lights work but when i try to start it up it doesn’t turn over or make any starting noises. I’ve tried jumping it twice but that dont work and my dashboard lights for the gauges dont come on and the only light that comes on is the check engine light. I dont know what is causing this problem and i need some kind of help.

Reply: Could be an ignition switch. Try tapping on the head of the key with the engine running to see if that will cause it to act up. Make sure the battery cables are clean and tight. Follow the battery cables as far as you can while pulling on them to see if you can get it to stall out. This will give an indication as to the area of a possible loose connection.

Anonymous
      Inactive

After i got a new in-dash navigation unit installed , i notice that many buttons on the dashboard( A/C GAGE AND KNOB, DIC CONTROL, GEAR SHIFT) blacked out. I have still have my interior light working properly but the these button stop being lit all of the sudden. May you tell me what’s going on. Did a fuse blew somewhere?

REPLY:
      Yes, it does sound like a fuse has blown. When they installed this system they may have caused a fuse to blow, or maybe they spliced a wire into the interior lights dimming circuit causing it to malfunction. Check all the fuses in the fuse box first, if they are all OK, take it back to the shop that installed the navigation system. They will need to repair it for you at no cost.

Anonymous
      Inactive

what color are the wire for the steering volume control to be able to connect a in dash navigation unit and where should the nav unit wire harness provided should be connected so the gps can recognize signal coming from the button because right now it does not read these button voltage. The technician that installed mine couldn’t find it so didn’t connect it.

Protech

What year, make and model is your car?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Pinned down a check engine light to a bad IAT sensor, got one and can’t locate it on the 3.5 motor. Any clues?

RE: The intake air temperature sensor is located on the top of the air cleaner box. Sort of on the back- on the firewall side.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.