Brakes pulsating thumping feeling in brake pedal while braking

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a 1998 ford e150 Econoline van. I’ve installed the following rear rear drum brakes , wheel solenoids on the driver & passenger side as well as rear brake lines.  Also I installed a new brake line from the front main box where all brake lines run from ” I’m not sure what it’s called” but it’s right under the brake line pump / fill reservoir.  Before during & after installing all this.  I’ve test drove it on all aspects & I’m getting the same results, out a 2 block street approx 18 times when I touch or hit the brake pedal I hear a winning sound kind of like ” I’d you had. Manual car & put it in gear with excelling @ the same time, not a grinding sound!!! That lasts like 2seconds its as if the brake pedal is rising or building pressure.  then   immediately following that a knocking / pulsating sound is felt in the brake pedal & slightly hear.  It goes through approx 8-12 knocking / pulsating stages… Then @ the very end it seems as it’s relieved pressure or something… “kinda like when your bleeding the brakes feeling” ! Does anyone have ideas & or recommendations? I’d greatly appreciate your time & direction ! Thank you – William

Mechanic Stan

REPLY:

I would recommend bleeding the brakes again. It sounds like you still have air in the system or have an anti-lock brake problem. The system may not be able to keep up with braking pressure. The pulsation could be coming from the drums or rotors being out of round or warped. Even new, if you bought cheap drums, they could need a resurfacing to be completely true. I’d start out by making sure the entire brake system is bled properly and go from there.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.