Ford Ranger Wont Start- Transmission Problems

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Dee Dee

My ‘08 Lincoln will not start if it’s cold out typically if it’s around 45 degrees or lower. Brand new battery and connectors fresh oil…someone please tell me what’s wrong.

Danny

my 95 ranger has a delayed shift from 2nd to 3rd gear, the shift linkage is also very loose and sloppy, could this be the reason, and could i just tighten it or would i have to replace it. also have bad front wheel bearings, but don’t think that’s the problem. it has an auto trans

Anonymous
      Inactive

my 90 ford ranger 2.9 will not start i have fuel and fire still nothing.

RE: One more thing you need to make a car start…compression. If you’re sure you have fuel and air getting to the cylinders, and have sufficient spark, you should check the compression on each cylinder. It should be at least 125-175psi on each cylinder. If it’s low, or you don’t have any, then you’ve found your problem. If you have good compression, check for a possible timing problem.

Shirley McKinley

My car starts up but wont go into gear radio or air wont come on windows wont come down.

butchkaz
        Keymaster

Check all the fuses first. Sounds like you have a major electrical problem of no power to many different systems.

joey shelton

Here’s what I have so far from chasing the rabbit down the hole…
      New Autolite Platinum plugs gaped .042.
      <2000 miles on Duralast plug wires.
      New BWD ignition coil pack (twice).
      New cats y-pipe with 3rd (Unmonitored) deleted.
      New Bank 2 Sen 1&2 O2 sensors.
      New Heated PCV.
      Vacuum runs 19-21.4 at idle. Drops to 0.5-1.0 on take off then to around 12 to maintain on flat ground..
      Idle in park fluctuates between 650-750rpm.
      Replaced vac line & coupler on the backside of the air intake tube behind the MAF..
      Ran the smoke/propane/water mist tests, no leaks.
      Barely gets up a small hill going 20 with about 50% throttle. All the while stuttering like it has a bad plug.
      Alt & Batt tested good.
      Belt and tensioner good.

Shows codes P0353(intermittently) & P1000 (constant, no CEL).

Anonymous
        Inactive

P1000 is just a code that the PCM has been rest because of a battery disconnect or something similar. The PCM will have to go through all of its tests to clear that one. It is similar to a GM vehicle with I/M flags not passed.

P0353 – sounds like you have replaced all of the ignition components related to this code. So now look for a bad connection at ignition coil.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.