passenger side window won’t go up or down

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

can some one please help me i need to know why my window wont go up or down and i changed the window motor and window switch can someone please help me this will be my 2nd post and i need some one to help me.

Protech

If you replaced the switch and motor and still does not work, you need to test for power into the motor when pressing the switch. If you have power, then test for a good ground. One of those things is missing.

Thanks we did a wire test and there is power but still nothing we had to hot wire it to get window up but im lost i dont no what else it could be?

pro

If you have power to the motor and it does not work, then it must be a ground side problem- the other wire on the motor connector. All vehicles are different. The ground circuit usually goes back through the switch, then to a ground on the body somewhere. A way around that- since you have power to the motor when hitting the switch, is to cut the ground wire in the harness to the motor, and make a ground for the motor yourself. The proper way is to get a schematic and start tracing wires.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.