Chevy Blazer starving for gas down highway

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

have a 93 Chevy fullsize Blazer. A couple weeks ago it started acting up like starving for gas while going down highway couldn’t maintain speed limit so i added some heat to gas tank figured i had ice or water in gas. The next day ran fine. A couple days ago it started dying once in a while only when i hit to brakes to come to a stop but only forward not in reverse. And i noticed that normal throttle that it takes to do 60 on the highway i was doing 70-75 and it usually takes a lot more throttle to that speed. I changed the ignition control module. Now i have now idea don’t have the money to take to a shop so any help would be greatly appreciated. One of my friends said computer but would like more opinions it starts right away after dying and it does sometimes smell like raw gas under the hood when i stop but not leaking. I need HELP!

Protech

First thing I would check is the throttle body base gasket. With age those are known to become brittle and crack underneath or around the throttle body and will cause a slight vacuum leak. That can cause stalling, as well as the vehicle seeming to have a little more power with less throttle. It’s basically getting air from the leak rather than opening the throttle by your foot. I’d recommend checking all the rest of the vacuum hoses, brake booster, etc for any vacuum leaks as well.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.