Ford Windstar wont go just revs in gear

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Turns on fine. Just revs in every gear. The car was running fine and then I went to back out of a parking spot, it went a little then just started revving instead of going. I checked the fluids. Had a lot of transmission fluid in it. If it has damaged the transmission, is it something that could be repaired? Or would I have to replace the transmission? Could it be something else completely?

Stan

It sounds like you have a transmission failure. Depending on how bad it is, and what has broken inside the trans, will determine if it can be rebuilt or you have to get a new one. Sometimes you can find a replacement transmission from a junkyard at a decent price. They usually come with a warranty too.

Stan

As long as the shifter feels like it is going into the gears- reverse, park, neutral etc. then you need a new transmission. You should be able to tell when shifting the gears if it feels like it used to from park to neutral to drive, etc. If it feels different, then it may just be a broken shifter cable.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.