Chevy Impala traction tire warning lights

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a 2006 Chevy Impala SS 5.1 engine

I have had it in the shop for the same issue now for 4 months. 1st shop couldn’t do anything because “it wasn’t throwing a code”. Took it to a GMC dealer and the last time they put a flight recorder on it – It started to throw codes that flickered off/on: traction control, svc tire pressure, svc TRAC control and svc brakes. The actual problem why I have been taking it in is because, only at a stop it will act like I am not giving it gas..will hesitate – Not slip. The revs aren’t going up. If I take my foot off the gas and reapply – It takes off.

The dealership said that it found communication codes in 1 PC.EBCM. and ECM and RCDLR module cleared codes only code that reset was CO561 in EBCM. No codes in any other modules. Observed BPS value in tac data list showed invalid. In EBCM data list tcs failed “yes”. The dealer contacted tech assistance and they advised to replace ecm. Even though I have 96,000 miles on it GM replaced at no cost to me…however, it is coding again and the problem is still there! Can anyone help me so that I can tell them what to do? It’s annoying and frustrating! I pulled some info down and think that it could be the Throttle body? sensor or a crimped wire??? Any guidance would be great.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have an 04 Monte Carlo w/125K miles and was told I need front bearings. Diagnosed as play in the right wheel when it was up on a lift. Do I have to get the hub and bearings? It’s priced out at $210 each side which seems high for a wear part. Also, can I only do one side if it’s only on one side?

jake

They are all 1 part. It is called a hub bearing. Yes, you can just replace 1 side if just one side is loose / worn. Remove the brakes caliper and bracket, the center axle nut, and the three hub bolts from the back side. These bolts are usually very tough to remove. Power tools are almost a must.

Protech

C0561 sets because the system is being disabled. This is usually because of a code in another module. If you are sure there are no codes in ANY modules, then you could have a bad accelerator pedal or throttle body, or just a bad traction control switch.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.