02 3.4L Grand Am can not find crankshaft position sensor plug

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I am in the process of putting my 02 grand am back together after replacing head gaskets. When in Installed the coil pack I noticed there are 3 plug locations but I can only find 2 plugs to go in the holes. It looks like they all had connections, only because they all have similar amounts of dust/buildup on the inside. According to the manual and other things I can find I am missing the crankshaft position sensor plug.

I have searched all over the car and even removed the upper manifold again to see if it might have been hiding underneath. So far I can not find it anywhere.

Can someone point me to the wire bundle that this plug should be in so I can get this finished or if there is even one needed for this motor?

Mechboy

That connector is coming from the 18x Crank Sensor, located on the back of the block. Usually the harness falls down between the engine oil pan and transmission extension housing somewhere. It has to be lying right in that general area. Hopefully you didn’t accidentally smash it while installing the rear head!

Me

Thanks I will look in that area as soon as I get a chance to look around in the daylight.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.